View Full Version : Qt 4.5.0 vs MSVS 2008 Express Edition

Rainstorm
19th March 2009, 23:59
I configured Qt with:
configure -debug-and-release -no-qt3support -platform win32-msvc2008

then I run:
nmake

moc build fails with:
LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file ''d:\Developing\qt-win-opensource-src-4.5.0\lib\QtGuid4.lib''

ofcourse there is no QtGuid4.lib, it hasn`t been built yet. How can I solve it?

wysota
20th March 2009, 08:50
When does it fail? What are the exact steps you have taken since downloading the archive?

Rainstorm
20th March 2009, 15:25
When does it fail? What are the exact steps you have taken since downloading the archive?

1. extracted archive to D:\Developing\qt-win-opensource-src-4.5.0
2. launched VS command prompt from Visual Studio to be sure that environment variables are correctly set.
3. changed directory to D:\Developing\qt-win-opensource-src-4.5.0
4. ran "configure -debug-and-release -no-qt3support -platform win32-msvc2008"
5. ran "nmake"

Configuring passes successfully, but after 5th step, when it starts to link moc.exe (since 10-20 seconds from typing "nmake") it fails with "LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file ''d:\Developing\qt-win-opensource-src-4.5.0\lib\QtGuid4.lib''".
IMHO configure generates wrong makefiles, moc cant depend on QtGui library, but moc makefile contains it.

wysota
20th March 2009, 21:46
moc doesn't depend on any Qt library. Do you have an earlier installation of Qt? Did you modify any of its files (especially in the mkspecs directory) or paths?

Rainstorm
20th March 2009, 23:42
moc doesn't depend on any Qt library. Do you have an earlier installation of Qt? Did you modify any of its files (especially in the mkspecs directory) or paths?

No, I didn't.

I tried "qt-win-opensource-src-4.5.0-mingw.exe" and compiled it under msvc-2008 without any problem with steps described above.
"qt-win-opensource-src-4.5.0.zip" just doesn't work, it generates incorrect makefiles while configuring.

Anyway thanks for answers =)

wysota
21st March 2009, 00:11
I believe it should work fine. Otherwise we'd have an update released by now.