PDA

View Full Version : Using QT for a CBT/CBL Multimedia Application Authoring

bglazier
21st March 2009, 17:27
Hi,

I am about to embark on the development of a computer based learning application which will have multimedia content. I am wondering about the suitability of QT for this type of thing. I am familiar with QT for your typical app. development but I have no experience with other types of authoring tools (e.g. macromedia ??) . I am not sure what is even available out there for the linux platform. Also, I have even been looking into SecondLife which I understand you can use as a training platform.

I have been playing with the new Phonon framework and the QWizard class and I know that pretty much anything could be done with QT, Also, I guess the webkit could also be used to accelerate certain aspects of the delivery of knowledge.

Before getting started I would like a couple of comments from others.

Many thanks

Ben

wysota
22nd March 2009, 10:34
What would you like commented? Qt capabilities or alternatives to using Qt?

bglazier
22nd March 2009, 18:28
I guess I was hoping somebody would say I am wasting my time looking at other options and that QT is perfectly suited to developing multimedia training type software. Use Phonon for the video and audio content, use QWizard for getting information from users en masse, e.g tests and use QWebkit for presenting large amounts of text type knowledge to the learner, mix all this together with QT's other capabilities to make a brilliant training type application?

jay
17th April 2009, 06:40
Dear all,

Is any widget (webkit or other) helps to play TV/Radio?

Thanks in advance.

wysota
17th April 2009, 08:47
Phonon might be able to do it if it's backend (like GStreamer on Unix) can decode it.