PDA

View Full Version : Designer hangs, trying to connect, while starting

darkadept
23rd March 2009, 14:45
I don't understand why exactly but every time I start Designer at work it pauses for a long time before showing the window. (Designer is running on my laptop). It starts fine when on my home network.

I ran "strace designer" and noticed that it's pausing while trying to connect to a specific IP that's on my home network (192.168.0.50). Obviously when I'm at work this IP doesn't exist and times out for a long time (30 seconds to 1 minute).

I scanned all of my files in .designer, .local, .config, and .kde for record of that IP but found no trace of it.

Has anyone else had this problem?

ktk
24th March 2009, 20:58
I don't understand why exactly but every time I start Designer at work it pauses for a long time before showing the window. (Designer is running on my laptop). It starts fine when on my home network.

I ran "strace designer" and noticed that it's pausing while trying to connect to a specific IP that's on my home network (192.168.0.50). Obviously when I'm at work this IP doesn't exist and times out for a long time (30 seconds to 1 minute).

I scanned all of my files in .designer, .local, .config, and .kde for record of that IP but found no trace of it.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Does it get better if you move $QTDIR/plugins/designer/libqwebview.so
away?