PDA

View Full Version : QLabel bug??? Please help

jwieland
30th March 2009, 21:00
Hi,

I wrote a simple qt program using qt4 with QLabel objects to display text on the fly. When run, the program will read input from some file and the change the text display of the labels accordingly. The program runs file on my host machine (linux, FC10) but when I deployed it on an embedded platform, it crashed at the first reference of the label object. Referencing to other objects such as QRadionButton and QCheckBox is fine.

Please help as I have been tearing my last strays of hair out here.

Thank you.

ktk
30th March 2009, 21:48
Hi,

I wrote a simple qt program using qt4 with QLabel objects to display text on the fly. When run, the program will read input from some file and the change the text display of the labels accordingly. The program runs file on my host machine (linux, FC10) but when I deployed it on an embedded platform, it crashed at the first reference of the label object. Referencing to other objects such as QRadionButton and QCheckBox is fine.

Please help as I have been tearing my last strays of hair out here.

Thank you.

Try to cut down your program to the minimum amount that still produces the problem. In the process you will very likely discover the error.

wysota
30th March 2009, 21:50
Did you recompile the application for the embedded platform? Do you have an identical installation of Qt on both machines?

jwieland
3rd April 2009, 20:04
Thanks, folks, for trying to help me out. It turns out to be a silly mistake of mine. I did create a timer to track changes on those label and the timer kicked in BEFORE the dialog was realized! So when the timer handler tried to access the dialog, it got a segment.

It's never too late to find out that I am not smart at all :)

Thanks a lot.
John.