PDA

View Full Version : Color ComboBox

ioannis
1st April 2009, 15:22
Hi everybody,

I would like to build a combobox for selecting colors, like the one used in MS Excel when you select for example the color of a line. I have already tested wysota's QwwColorComboBox. However, I would prefer the color to cover the whole width of the combobox and only a small part of it. Any hints?

Thanks in advance...

spirit
1st April 2009, 15:26
take a look at this example (http://doc.trolltech.com/4.5/itemviews-coloreditorfactory.html). I think it should help you.

ioannis
1st April 2009, 15:29
Thanks for the reply. However, in this case the color only occupies a small rectangle in the left side of the combobox. I would like the color to occupy the whole of the combobox.

spirit
1st April 2009, 15:37
try this

QComboBox *cb = new QComboBox(this);
const QStringList colorNames = QColor::colorNames();
int index = 0;
foreach (const QString &colorName, colorNames) {
const QColor color(colorName);
cb->addItem(colorName, color);
const QModelIndex idx = cb->model()->index(index++, 0);
cb->model()->setData(idx, color, Qt::BackgroundColorRole);
}

hope you've got idea. ;)

wysota
2nd April 2009, 00:09
I would like to build a combobox for selecting colors, like the one used in MS Excel when you select for example the color of a line. I have already tested wysota's QwwColorComboBox. However, I would prefer the color to cover the whole width of the combobox and only a small part of it. Any hints?

It's only a matter of using another item delegate. There is also an implementation of a colour combobox as a Qt Solution but I don't know if it covers the whole area of the widget or not.

ioannis
2nd April 2009, 08:24
Thanks wysota. Can you give me a minimal example?

Thanks in advance.

wysota
2nd April 2009, 08:43
Something like:

class Delegate : public QItemDelegate {
//...

void paint ( QPainter * painter, const QStyleOptionViewItem & option, const QModelIndex & index ) const {
painter->fillRect(option.rect, qvariant_cast<QColor>(index.data(Qt::DecorationRole)));
}
};

spirit
2nd April 2009, 08:47
so, what is difference between your code and my? in both case current line have own background color. :)

wysota
2nd April 2009, 09:16
I don't modify the model :) I didn't say my code was better than yours, I have only shown how to make my color combobox display colors in a different way. Many ways may lead to the same result, there is no point in discussing the differences.

spirit
2nd April 2009, 09:19
I don't modify the model :) I didn't say my code was better than yours, I have only shown how to make my color combobox display colors in a different way. Many ways may lead to the same result, there is no point in discussing the differences.
but any way you have to get colors from model ;)
ok, agree with this "Many ways may lead to the same result".

San_Cou
14th January 2013, 19:08
Hi,

I tried the spirit's idea. It works fine for the menu but the selected option does not display the background color.
How can I put the color in the background of the actual index?

Thank you very much!

San_Cou
15th January 2013, 13:18
When the index changes I need to set the base with the color of the current index:

QColor color = qvariant_cast<QColor>(model()->index(index, 0).data(Qt::BackgroundColorRole));

QPalette pal = palette();
pal.setColor(QPalette::Base, color);
setPalette(pal);

This works very well, I have the correct color in the right place... but, the highlight mess it up. I don't need the highlight since I'm working with colors.
Is there a way to simple remove the highlight?

I had tried this:

pal.setColor(QPalette::Highlight, Qt::transparent);

but it's not transparent, it's white.

San_Cou
22nd January 2013, 19:06
I did a workaround. The idea was make the highlight with the same color of the item.

Connect the highlighted signal from QComboBox:

ComboBoxColor( QWidget *parent = 0 ) : QComboBox( parent )
{
connect( this, SIGNAL(highlighted(int)), this, SLOT(slotHighlight(int)) );
}

The slot will set the correct color for the current item:

void ComboBoxColor::slotHighlight(int index)
{
const QStringList colorNames = QColor::colorNames();
QColor color(colorNames.at(index));

QPalette palette = this->palette();
palette.setColor(QPalette::Highlight, color);
setPalette(palette);
}

farouk
22nd March 2016, 18:20
spirit

Default Re: Color ComboBox
take a look at this example. I think it should help you.

plzzzzzzzzzzz any body sent me that code iam in deep need to it

whin i open the above link it dosnt open

Ginsengelf
23rd March 2016, 07:08
Hi, see here:
http://doc.qt.io/qt-4.8/qt-itemviews-coloreditorfactory-example.html

Ginsengelf