PDA

View Full Version : QtOgreFramework flickering with qt 4.5

Angelo Moriconi
2nd April 2009, 14:43
Hi everybody !
I'm trying to embed ogre inside a Qt widgets, to use Qt to display the GUI and ogre to visualize the 3D content.
Currently exist an ogre addons called QtOgreFramework, which works well with 4.4 but has a huge flickering with 4.5.

Anyone has solve this issue, or have similar issues ( i.e. rendering a "custom" window on a QWidget) ?
I know that with 4.5 the backing store behaviour has been modified but I don't know how to use in a QWidget the "old behaviour" (maybe it is not possible and I need to find a workaround for that).

Best,

Angelo

Uwe
2nd April 2009, 14:57
In Qwt I also have heavy flickering with 4.5, when I'm doing layout relevant operations according to resize operations ( f.e. showing the size of the main window in a QLabel on the status bar ): the label is jumping to the top left position and back.

I don't have the bug number here, but AFAIR this particular problem was scheduled to be fixed in 4.5.1.

Uwe

Angelo Moriconi
6th April 2009, 10:52
I've just found a way to disable the backing store engine on the ogre rendering.

You have to override QWidget :: paintEngine() returning 0 in OgreWidget.h :

QPaintEngine *paintEngine() { return 0; }

In this manner, the backing store does not handle the widget painting and the flickering disappear.
It is also seems that even the rendering performance has a big boost.

Best,

Angelo