PDA

View Full Version : Qt4 and windows vista handwriting feature

Gnurou
2nd April 2009, 20:08
Hello everybody,

Some of my users using Windows Vista on a tablet PC complained they could not input text using Vista's handwriting recognition feature. Apparently, they can do it with anything by my program. The popup icon that allows to enable handwriting just does not appear. I'm just using standard Qt widgets there - QLineEdit and so on.

Edit: after some investigation, it appears that the input by itself works - what does not is that when using a pen, a popup icon is supposed to appear on top of input fields, to allow easy access to the input panel. This is the part that does not work as expected.

I do not use Windows myself, so I cannot track this problem easily. But I'm wondering if anyone would know why this so - if there something to enable in order to use the handwriting feature in Qt apps?

Thanks for any information,
Alex.

wysota
2nd April 2009, 20:34
An inputmethods plugin probably. I don't know if there is one for Vista's handwriting available so you might have to implement such a plugin yourself.

Gnurou
2nd April 2009, 21:02
Thanks for your answer - after testing by myself (got hands on a vista, finally!) it appears that the only problem is that when using a pen, a little popup icon is supposed to appear next to input fields to get easy access to the input panel. This is what does not work with Qt apps. If the panel is raised by other means, input does actually work.

Any idea or confirmation about this problem would be welcome - it is it confirmed as a Qt issue I could submit a bug report.

talk2amulya
2nd April 2009, 22:42
could you please post smth like a snapshot of the issue..its really hard to get hold of your problem