PDA

View Full Version : problem running the compiled console app in Terminal

unix7777
3rd April 2009, 15:44
I have the following problem using QT 4.5 on Mac OS X 10.5.6

After compiling the console application and click on "play/run" button, it doesn't open in Terminal.Just appears the path to the file.
When i make GUI application it works normally.

rexi
3rd April 2009, 22:48
Hm, what exactly does happen? What application are you compiling? Does a terminal show up that shows only that path? Or where is it shown? What IDE are you using? Qt Creator? Xcode? Please give us some more information to track down the problem...

unix7777
4th April 2009, 18:44
Hm, what exactly does happen? What application are you compiling? Does a terminal show up that shows only that path? Or where is it shown? What IDE are you using? Qt Creator? Xcode? Please give us some more information to track down the problem...

OT 4.5 on Mac OS X.i use Qcreator.
The path is shown down at the bottom in QTcreator.
The terminal doesn't run after compiling console application.
???

r0n1n
25th April 2009, 14:17
OT 4.5 on Mac OS X.i use Qcreator.
The path is shown down at the bottom in QTcreator.
The terminal doesn't run after compiling console application.
???

Hi. I have similar problem under linux, with console application. when i run application the path appears in the "Application Output" and also for ex "hello world" output from std::cout command but there no way to send any value trough std::cin command.
Under windows is the same but there is no problem with external console (terminal)

is there any way to force qtcreator to use/run external terminal for ex xterm?
maybe i should add something to .pro file?

PS: sorry for my English :(

r0n1n
25th April 2009, 15:11
hi again, i found solution for my problem so maybe it will by solution of yours.
I found out that you must tell qt Creator to run compiled program in console.
to do that you will need to select check box "run in terminal".
you need to select project on left sidebar, next highlight your project and chose "Run Settings" bar now tick "run in terminal"
that's all :]