PDA

View Full Version : problem with Qt designer for Qt 4.5

rishiraj
5th April 2009, 05:45
Hi,
just installed Qt 4.5 (with mingw),started designer but,when I select any of the options like 'Widget without buttons' or any of the others,I get a very small frame which I can't seem to enlarge.I have attached a screenshot.Any idea what i need to do to get it to enlarge?I tried selecting the sizes like 320x240 and 640x .....the size doesn't increase.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

rishiraj
6th April 2009, 04:54
Hi,
update.....
I tried reinstalling Qt but it still shows the same results.I tried changing the size by varying width and height but to no avail.The strange thing is ,if I try to preview the form,I can see the whole of it...but in designer it looks like the top half of the form is cut off and only a small segment at the bottom is visible.
Any ideas on why it's happening or what you think I should do to get Designer working properly would be appreciated.
I am trying to install on Windows xp SP1.

rishiraj
7th April 2009, 05:45
Hi,
the designer issue has been resolved.I was using a vista theme on my Windows XP,so,a member in the qt-mailing list told me to remove the vista theme and try on the normal Windows Xp look.It worked.Designer's working properly now.
Got a simple question about Qt creator-----
I plan to download Qt creator,so,do I have to run any command for the Qt creator package I download(and install) and the Qt package which I have installed to work properly with each other or,do I just have to download Qt creator and install it and everything else will work properly.

Thank you.