PDA

View Full Version : Problem building dynamic plugin

javd
6th April 2009, 14:22
Hi,

I recently downloaded QtCreator and tried to build the example PlugAndPaintPlugins (distributed together with QtCreator).
Building the basicTools plugin works fine (as a static plugin). However, when I try to build the extraFilters plugin (dynamic) I have a lot of errors (see below). When I change the plugin to build as static then it works fine.
Any ideas what is going wrong?

undefined reference to `_imp___ZNK6QImage15convertToFormatENS_6FormatE6QF lagsIN2Qt19ImageConversionFlagEE'
undefined reference to `_imp___ZN6QImageC1ERKS_'
undefined reference to `_imp___ZNK11QMetaObject2trEPKcS1_'

and so on ...

regards,

Jan

wysota
6th April 2009, 16:03
Hi,

I recently downloaded QtCreator and tried to build the example PlugAndPaintPlugins (distributed together with QtCreator).
It's distributed with Qt, not with Qt Creator. Qt Creator is distributed with Qt as well. Otherwise we might think Qt is "distributed with" the INSTALL text file.

Any ideas what is going wrong?
What did you do exactly to come to this point (step by step, start with "I downloaded Qt")?

javd
6th April 2009, 16:19
This is what I did to get to this result.
I installed Qt Creator and tried to build / run some of the examples.
Then I opened the plugandpaintplugins project and tried to compile this. This is where I got these errors.
I am testing on a Win XP platform, where also a copy of Visual Studio 2003 .Net is installed.
In the mean time I have done some more research, and found out that there might be a conflict between a Visual Studio 2003 installation and Qt Creator. I removed the include and lib environment variables (refering to C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\SDK\v1.1\include\ and to C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\SDK\v1.1\Lib\) and now I can build the plugins.

regards,
Jan

faldzip
6th April 2009, 19:02
sounds fun as you didn't say that you downloaded Qt, just QtCreator, which is just IDE highly integrated with Qt tools :]