PDA

View Full Version : Eclipse CDT qwt-5.2.0 integration

mzeal
6th April 2009, 16:27
I am using qt 4.2 with Eclipse 3.4.1 CDT on Linux...
I am trying to make qwt-5.0.2 plotting widget to appear in the project widget box.
What should I change to make that happen?
I copied qwt lib files into /usr/lib/Trolltech-4.5.0/lib and include folders into /usr/lib/Trolltech-4.5.0/include/qwt-3.2
Thank you,
V-

huseyinkozan
6th April 2009, 19:05
I am trying to make qwt-5.0.2 plotting widget to appear in the project widget box.
I copied qwt lib files into /usr/lib/Trolltech-4.5.0/lib and include folders into /usr/lib/Trolltech-4.5.0/include/qwt-3.2
Thank you,
V-

Hi mzeal,
Did you look at the examples that come with Qwt ?
"Simple project" will give you basics.

Hüseyin

mzeal
7th April 2009, 15:32
You mean "simple_plot", don't you ? I can build it from Eclipse, but exe comes as the empty form, eg. without actual widget...

huseyinkozan
7th April 2009, 20:19
You mean "simple_plot", don't you ? I can build it from Eclipse, but exe comes as the empty form, eg. without actual widget...
Yes, I mean simple_plot.
I think you have collision between qt versions. You said "I am using qt 4.2 with Eclipse..." first and "I copied qwt lib files into /usr/lib/Trolltech-4.5.0/lib..." second. These are different versions. Can you check it to use same versions while compiling and using qt and qwt libraries.

Hüseyin

mzeal
8th April 2009, 20:25
Apologies, that a typo. I meant Qt 4.5...
Right now qwt widgets appear in "designer", but not in Eclipse Widget box.
I found some directions on how to integrate custom widgets with eclipse plugin:
http://doc.trolltech.com/qt-eclipse-4.4.1/eclipse-integration-custom-designer-plugins.html
so I tried to add CONFIG += QtCppIntegration to qwtconfig.pri, rebuild qwt designer plugin and copy it to eclipse plugin folder. No luck. Any other ideas ?
Thanks,
-V

huseyinkozan
8th April 2009, 20:55
Apologies, that a typo. I meant Qt 4.5...
Right now qwt widgets appear in "designer", but not in Eclipse Widget box.
I found some directions on how to integrate custom widgets with eclipse plugin:
http://doc.trolltech.com/qt-eclipse-4.4.1/eclipse-integration-custom-designer-plugins.html
so I tried to add CONFIG += QtCppIntegration to qwtconfig.pri, rebuild qwt designer plugin and copy it to eclipse plugin folder. No luck. Any other ideas ?
Thanks,
-V
Try this for the new version:
http://doc.trolltech.com/qt-eclipse-4.5.0/eclipse-integration-custom-designer-plugins.html

Hüseyin

mzeal
9th April 2009, 19:47
Build your custom designer plugin with the same Qt version as Qt Designer Plugin, configured with -qtnamespace QtCppIntegration in release mode, e.g. for Qt Designer Plugin 1.4.3, you need Qt 4.4.3. The Qt configure command will look like this:

./configure -release -qtnamespace QtCppIntegration -qtlibinfix CppIntegration

That's most confusing: is this "configure" for qwt, or for Qt API ? Must be for qwt plugin, but "configure" script is missing there...
Thank you,
-V

jpedrick
5th May 2009, 22:56
I'm having the exact same problem with the QVTK widget plugin for QtDesigner in Eclipse. I recompiled qt with the mentioned flags and also recompiled the plugin, but no luck. In fact, prior to the recompile, I was able to use the QVTK widget plugin using qt/bin/designer, but not from Eclipse/QtDesigner, but after recompiling the SDK using the mentioned flags I am unable to view the QVTK widget from either interface. Yes, I copied the new QVTK widget into the allegedly appropriate directories as well.

I'd love to find a solution to this problem.

Regards,
-Joshua

bss
14th October 2009, 07:48
Thank you,
V-

hello
i have also copied the files as mentioned above,but still i can not compile qwt projects,i have also set the Qwt lib path in .profile.but still the problem...please give me any suggestions.