PDA

View Full Version : Phonon deployment on Windows XP //solved

roxton
18th April 2009, 18:43
Hello! I've compiled Qt 4.5 with Visual Studio 2008 with Phonon DS9 backend. At the machine where all path variables are set all works fine. But it doesn't work at the another machine.
I've put all main Qt dll's into the same directory with my program executable. The main program can be runned, but it shows a message:

WARNING: bool __thiscall Phonon::FactoryPrivate::createBackend(void) phonon back
end plugin could not be loaded

the phonon4.dll is in the same directory with the executable. The phonon_ds94.dll is in the /plugins/phonon_backend. What is wrong? As far I know Qt-apps must search the plugins at the plugins subdirectory by default.
I've tried to add the search path manually using the QApplication::addLibraryPath, but the result was the same. Also the SVG-icons doesn't work (without Qt path variable).
P.S. I've found a VStudio option to build without a hard dependency of libraries paths.

hippynerd
13th May 2009, 11:54
Hey roxton,

I'm having exactly the same problms you were having with Phonon deployment. Your thread title seemed to imply you solved the problem? How exactly did you do this?

"I've found a VStudio option to build without a hard dependency of libraries paths."

which option was this?

Tried everything from http://doc.trolltech.com/4.5/deployment-windows.html etc without any luck so far...:(

hippynerd
13th May 2009, 17:57
Strange, seems my addLibraryPath() calls weren't having much of an effect.

Recreated c:\qt\4.5.1\plugins\phonon_backend with the dlls on the deployment PC (i.e. no other QT files, just a single DLL under c:\qt\, and the program runs fine.

Hope to find the elegant solution to this soon.

lwahonen
11th March 2010, 20:49
Deploy phonon_ds94.dll to app_directory\phonon_backend\