PDA

View Full Version : qt gui application on webpage

bcheruk
19th April 2009, 07:08
hi all

I want to know is it possible to build a qt gui application for webpage . I want to build gui for technical application with qt, but my utlimate goal is to put that application on my webpage. I want to know is there a way to do so. I thank you in advance for your valuable responses.

wysota
19th April 2009, 13:26
Yes and no. It depends how portable you want it to be. If you can live with running it on Windows/IE only, you can implement your application as an ActiveX component. If you want it to be a bit more portable, you can implement it using Jambi and embed into the webpage using the webstart technology. But if you want it to be really portable, you have to build your application for each platform separately and allow a regular download of an installation package from your website.

faldzip
19th April 2009, 17:06
http://doc.trolltech.com/qq/qq26-webplugin.html
here you can find about inserting widgets in a webpage, but as I understand (I didn't read whole article) it works in QtWebKit only.

bcheruk
20th April 2009, 07:40
thank you for quick response. Can you please explain how to do it with jambi.

wysota
23rd April 2009, 20:03
thank you for quick response. Can you please explain how to do it with jambi.

Implement your application in Java using Jambi and read about WebStart to see how to use it. I don't use Java so I can't help you with that.