PDA

View Full Version : qwt plugin with QtCreator in winXP

Carlton
21st April 2009, 00:02
I have installed qwt-5.2.0 along side Qt-Creator on my Linux machine (PCLINUXOS), and managed to get designer, when called from Qt-Creator to display the qwt widgets. However, on my PC at work, I can get the widgets to display if I open designer directly, but not if is opened from within Qt-Creator. Do the qwt plug-in .dll files need to go in a special place for this to work :confused:
Any hints gratefully received.

bmhautz
22nd April 2009, 14:24
Hopefully, the post I replied in will help you out:

http://www.qtcentre.org/forum/f-qwt-23/t-once-ive-built-qwt-how-do-i-add-it-to-a-form-in-designer-20379.html

I was having the same problems.

bmhautz
22nd April 2009, 14:44
Bah, I really should read posts AFTER I have my coffee. :)

There's a thread here discussing plugins in QtCreator. It looks like you may have to recompile.

http://www.qtcentre.org/forum/f-qt-tools-3/t-designer-plugins-in-qt-creator-19234.html

Carlton
22nd April 2009, 23:33
I have solved my qwt plugin problem. My version of qwt was too old. I believe qwt>=5.2 is required.
Download qwt5.3, and build the release version.
copy the qwtdesigner... .dll file (I forget the full name, I only have XP at work:rolleyes:) into the designer/plugin directories. The qwt widgets now appear when designer is opened from QtCreator, just like in Linux.

PaceyIV
19th May 2009, 17:59
I have the same problem.
I tried to start directly the designer. I can see the QwtWidget and also Arthur Widgets, Dispay Widget [Example] and Qt 3 support that comes with the standard installation of Qt SDK. None of these is loaded in qtcreator.

On linux I have copied libqwt_designer_plugin.so in qt/plugins/designer, bin/designer, lib/qtcreator/plugins. Maybe one of the is not necessary.

On windows I can't see nothing in QtCreator :crying:

PaceyIV
19th May 2009, 20:22
I tried to compile QCreator from source code but I've got this error:

C:\Qt\2009.02\mingw\bin\..\lib\gcc\mingw32\3.4.2\. .\..\..\..\mingw32\bin\ld.exe: cannot find -lQtDesignerComponentsd4
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
mingw32-make.exe[4]: Leaving directory `Z:/qt-creator-1.1.0-src/src/plugins/designer'
mingw32-make.exe[3]: Leaving directory `Z:/qt-creator-1.1.0-src/src/plugins/designer'
mingw32-make.exe[4]: *** [..\..\..\lib\qtcreator\plugins\Nokia\Designerd.dll] Error 1
mingw32-make.exe[3]: *** [debug] Error 2
mingw32-make.exe[2]: *** [sub-designer-make_default] Error 2
mingw32-make.exe[2]: Leaving directory `Z:/qt-creator-1.1.0-src/src/plugins'
mingw32-make.exe[1]: Leaving directory `Z:/qt-creator-1.1.0-src/src'
mingw32-make.exe[1]: *** [sub-plugins-make_default-ordered] Error 2
C:\Qt\2009.02\mingw\bin\mingw32-make.exe: *** [sub-src-make_default-ordered] Error 2
C:\Qt\2009.02\mingw\bin\mingw32-make.exe: Leaving directory `Z:/qt-creator-1.1.0-src'
Exited with code 2.
Error while building project qtcreator
When executing build step 'Make'

bmhautz
20th May 2009, 19:47
I tried to compile QCreator from source code but I've got this error:

C:\Qt\2009.02\mingw\bin\..\lib\gcc\mingw32\3.4.2\. .\..\..\..\mingw32\bin\ld.exe: cannot find -lQtDesignerComponentsd4
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
mingw32-make.exe[4]: Leaving directory `Z:/qt-creator-1.1.0-src/src/plugins/designer'
mingw32-make.exe[3]: Leaving directory `Z:/qt-creator-1.1.0-src/src/plugins/designer'
mingw32-make.exe[4]: *** [..\..\..\lib\qtcreator\plugins\Nokia\Designerd.dll] Error 1
mingw32-make.exe[3]: *** [debug] Error 2
mingw32-make.exe[2]: *** [sub-designer-make_default] Error 2
mingw32-make.exe[2]: Leaving directory `Z:/qt-creator-1.1.0-src/src/plugins'
mingw32-make.exe[1]: Leaving directory `Z:/qt-creator-1.1.0-src/src'
mingw32-make.exe[1]: *** [sub-plugins-make_default-ordered] Error 2
C:\Qt\2009.02\mingw\bin\mingw32-make.exe: *** [sub-src-make_default-ordered] Error 2
C:\Qt\2009.02\mingw\bin\mingw32-make.exe: Leaving directory `Z:/qt-creator-1.1.0-src'
Exited with code 2.
Error while building project qtcreator
When executing build step 'Make'

It looks like you're compiling QtCreator in debug mode when you don't have the Qt debug libraries installed. I've never compiled QtCreator from source, but it should be decently straightforward to compile just the release version.

As a side note, Qt-2009-02 Windows version comes with debug libraries as well, so maybe the debug libraries aren't in your path?

PaceyIV
20th May 2009, 19:57
I don't know. I can compile my program in degug mode and they works.
Now I compile Qtcreator in release mode inside QtCreator and works fine. Previously I tried to compile with the Qt Command console.

Thanks.