PDA

View Full Version : need DBus help

nrabara
27th April 2009, 13:18
Hi,

I have been using Qt embedded 4.4, I am using Dbus to communicate between two process.

I have ./qt process manages GUI related stuffs. Another is ./Mymain process manages the hardware related stuffs.

I have registered the Dbus service from ./qt process and created the interface in ./Mymain process, I am able to call function of ./qt process from ./Mymain process.
But I want click event intimation from ./qt process to ./Mymain process.

How would be it possible that whenever any button is clicked in ./qt process would call function in ./Mymain process. Is it possible to call function from Register services to interface?

( I have seen car and controller example - controller is polling the status of car whereather connected or not? but i dont want to poll.. Is there any window? )

Please can anybody tell me how to solve this issue?

nrabara
1st May 2009, 08:55
I am not able to send signal from one process to another.

I want to connect to Local singnal to remote object SLOT.

What should i write in connect(localObject, SIGNAL(..), remoteObject, SLOT(..)),

nrabara
2nd May 2009, 08:41
Hi,

I have registered service and object from one process say a.
I have created interface of that service at given path in process say b.
Now I am able to call method of process a from process b.

But reverse is not possible, How to call method or send signal of process b from process a without registering new service and object of process b.

Or its compulsory to register object from any process if i want to call method of signal.

I have doubt regarding this dbus implementation.

Please you suggestion would be a great help for me.