PDA

View Full Version : x86 host, mips target

zeitcheist
3rd May 2009, 23:06
Hi!

I just want to confirm if the following is possible:

I have an x86 machine where I will develop an application for MIPS target.
The x86 host runs WindowsXP, the MIPS target runs Windows CE.

1. Can I install Qt Windows binary, develop application using QtCreator, then build the sources to run on a WinCE MIPS machine?

Or

2. Should I install VS2005, install Qt for Windows CE, develop app, then build?

Sorry, very newbie question, but I really need an exact answer to this.

Thanks in advance.

zeitcheist
4th May 2009, 04:35
Let me add some details.

I want to develop an application using WindowsXP on x86 host machine. When finished, I then want to install the application on a Windows CE on target MIPS netbook. How can I accomplish this?

Should I install Qt SDK, develop, then build? Will the app run on the target? What about the cross-compilation?
or
Should I follow the steps from qtsoftware?
http://doc.trolltech.com/4.5/install-wince.html

Title: Installing Qt on Windows CE
Q: Does this mean installing the Qt SDK on a WinCE machine? Or installing Qt on a Windows machine that builds specific runtimes for CE?

Uncompress the files into the directory you want to install Qt into; e.g., C:\Qt\4.5.1.
Q: What file? Doesn't the site give windows binary that installs the sdk along the QtCreator? Or should I use the framework only tar.gz file?

To configure Qt for Windows Mobile 5.0 for Pocket PC, type the following:

C:
cd \Qt\4.5.1
configure -platform win32-msvc2005 -xplatform wincewm50pocket-msvc2005
Q: -platform is the host; the -xplatform is the target; am I mistaken? the help lists possible -xplatform values, but I don't see any mips32 there (only mipsii and mipsiv). Does that mean MIPS32 isn't supported?

We provide a convenience script for this purpose, called setcepaths. Simply type:

setcepaths wincewm50pocket-msvc2005
Still, only mipsii and mipsiv, no mention of MIPS32.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks again.