PDA

View Full Version : Associate a minimize zone to QMainWindow

lixo1
4th May 2009, 11:15
Hi everybody,

I would like to know if someone can help me in the following problem:

I created a Qt application that uses 2 QMainWindow, the first is the main window (get data), the second is the results window.

On Linux Ubuntu every time when I launch the second window it creates a new minimize zone (at the menu bar), and it's very good because I can pass from the main to the results, and launch many other results, and I get the control from all.

The problem is the following:
Now on Windows it cannot create a minimize zone [see picture] for every result window, so I have only 1 minimize zone, and it's very difficult to pass from one to the others (also alt+tab doesn't work). Is there a way to force the creationg/association of a new minimize zone when a QMainWindow opens?

Thank you very much for any kind of help,
Cheers,
Louis

wysota
4th May 2009, 12:34
This is something related to your operating system and not your application. The taskbar entry is created for every non-dialog top-level window of each application so unless you have put your main windows in QDialog objects, the entries are there, only that Windows groupped them into one to occupy less space. If you want them ungroupped, please refer to your operating system manual to see if it is possible.

lixo1
4th May 2009, 13:48
Ok, thank you. Windows Xp do not provide this feature as I want (=linux) :-(.