PDA

View Full Version : TSP problem paper

mickey
4th May 2009, 21:10
Hello,
I'm reading a paper on TSP problem and there is a phrase I don't understand; could anyone explain it to me?

xxxx present better solutions for the same cities problem: using 2-opt and Or-opt[15] as the
tour improvement operator leads to a quality of 1.37% above the optimum on the average.

what does "a quality of 1.37% above the optimum on the average" mean? reading it seems not good
http://eprints.kfupm.edu.sa/53088/ ,page 3

thanks,

e8johan
5th May 2009, 13:59
I'd say that the solutions that the discussed algorithm comes up with are, on average, 1.37% worse than the optimal solution. I.e. you are not solving the problem, but you're damn close.

mickey
5th May 2009, 14:14
I'd say that the solutions that the discussed algorithm comes up with are, on average, 1.37% worse than the optimal solution. I.e. you are not solving the problem, but you're damn close.

hi,
I don't understand what is 1.37%. 1.37 % are worse than optimal solution? (I don't thnk it could be this last as it would be good, I think)

mickey
5th May 2009, 16:50
hi,
I don't understand what is 1.37%. 1.37 % are worse than optimal solution? (I don't thnk it could be this last as it would be good, I think)

hi, I solve it.
it is 1.37% above (longer) the optimal solution. The solution is a tour with a length 1.37% longer than the optimal.

Isn't it, right?