PDA

View Full Version : Windows Mobile 5 configuring faliure

zeldaknight
17th May 2009, 01:25
Hey, I am looking to develop applications for Windows Mobile 5. I have the following software installed:

Qt 2009.02 (4.5)
Visual Studio 2008 Professional
Windows Mobile 5 SDK
I am running Windows XP SP2 on an HP notebook.
However, when I try to configure Qt for WM5 (configure -platform win32-msvc2008 -xplatform -xplatform wincewm50pocket-msvc2008 into a Visual Studio Command Prompt) it has a whole lot of warnings about not being able to find '[insert name of file here]-wince.h' but still finishes configuration. Now, when I try to run 'setcepaths wincewm50pocket-msvc2008' it fails saying it can't find the command or program. :confused:

I set the INCLUDE, LIB and PATH variables manually and ran 'nmake' but it failed with the following errors:

tmp\obj\debug_shared\qtmain_win.obj : fatal error LNK1112 : module machine type 'X86' conflicts with target machine type 'THUMB'
NMAKE : fatal error U1077 : '"F:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\BIN\lib.EXE"' : return code '0x458'
Stop.

NMAKE : fatal error U1077 : '"F:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\BIN\nmake.EXE"' : return code '0x02'
Stop.

NMAKE : fatal error U1077 : 'cd' : return code '0x02'

Stop.

(F is my hard drive)
In case it helps I looked up the return codes on VS's errlook. 0x458 is 'no media in drive' and 0x02 is 'cannot find the file specified'.

Can anyone help? :(

wysota
17th May 2009, 21:33
Are you able to complile any Windows Mobile 5 application using your environment? I mean one that doesn't use Qt.

zeldaknight
18th May 2009, 01:35
Yes, I've successfully compiled one in Visual C++. Haven't actually tested it on P/PC (note the use of the '/' ;) ) so I'll do that as soon as I can.

zeldaknight
19th May 2009, 01:52
Tried it on the emulator that comes with Visual Studio - I assume that counts?

wysota
19th May 2009, 08:22
Tried it on the emulator that comes with Visual Studio - I assume that counts?

No idea, but let's assume so.

Could you list the exact steps you did to reach your current situation of trying to build a Qt app for CE?

BTW. Are you sure Windows Mobile 5 is really WindowsCE? I know WM6 is but I know nothing of WM5...

zeldaknight
19th May 2009, 22:21
Could you list the exact steps you did to reach your current situation of trying to build a Qt app for CE?

Note that I'm not trying to build an application for WM5, I'm trying to build Qt for the platform.

First I installed Visual Studio, which succeeded with no errors. I then installed Qt 2009.02 Open Source (I assume you don't need the commercial edition?) from the Windows installer. It didn't come up with any errors either, in fact the install went surprisingly fast. I then installed the WM5 P/PC SDK - This said I didn't have a component used for debugging but it didn't seem too serious so I continued.
I then went through the steps I said in my first post - configured Qt then tried to build it as in the docs.

BTW. Are you sure Windows Mobile 5 is really WindowsCE? I know WM6 is but I know nothing of WM5...

Well, no it isn't but in the installation docs it talks about building with the Windows Mobile 5 SDK.

Actually I may check whether I can build Qt for Visual Studio at all, to make sure it's not that that's the problem.

wysota
19th May 2009, 22:45
Note that I'm not trying to build an application for WM5, I'm trying to build Qt for the platform.

Just for fun or to build an application for WM5? :)

First I installed Visual Studio, which succeeded with no errors. I then installed Qt 2009.02 Open Source (I assume you don't need the commercial edition?) from the Windows installer. It didn't come up with any errors either, in fact the install went surprisingly fast. I then installed the WM5 P/PC SDK - This said I didn't have a component used for debugging but it didn't seem too serious so I continued.
I then went through the steps I said in my first post - configured Qt then tried to build it as in the docs.
Get rid of the 2009.02 bundle and download a source-only release. The sdk also contains a MinGW compiler which may be messing some things up. Then you can build Qt with msvc.

I'm just reading the installation docs. To me it seems you are mixing some x86 files with the pocket pc files. How exactly did you setup INCLUDE, LIB and PATH?

zeldaknight
20th May 2009, 22:57
Ah...
Just had another look at the Downloads page on Qt. Turns out the Windows installer has a tiny note at the bottom saying:

*Based on MinGW (download sources) tool set. Does not support VS compiler.

And there's a source specifically for WinCE! Guess I should have read the Downloads page better before... :(

Should be plain sailing from here but I'll post if it isn't :cool:.

Thanks for the help!

(and by the way, I just checked out wwWidgets - I need to download that as the TextSpinBox is exactly what I want for my application)

zeldaknight
5th June 2009, 01:05
*sigh* ... Okay, Qt configured correctly but now when I try to build my P/PC application it comes up with the exact same errors :confused: . Does anyone have any suggestions?

yogeshgokul
2nd July 2009, 11:42
@ zeldaknight.

You downloaded qt, or qtWince ?

Anyways the correct steps are:
1. Install Visual Studio.
2. Install SDK.
3. UNZIP Qt.
4. Set paths. upto "bin". this is important in ur case. example
"C:\Qt\WinCE\Bin"
5. configure qt.
6. run batch file which is in BIN folder named setcepaths.
7. build qt. using nmake, obviously u have to use visual studio command prompt for that..

have fun

nish
9th July 2009, 02:36
@ zeldaknight.

You downloaded qt, or qtWince ?

Anyways the correct steps are:
1. Install Visual Studio.
2. Install SDK.
3. UNZIP Qt.
4. Set paths. upto "bin". this is important in ur case. example
"C:\Qt\WinCE\Bin"
5. configure qt.
6. run batch file which is in BIN folder named setcepaths.
7. build qt. using nmake, obviously u have to use visual studio command prompt for that..

have fun

8. now fold it aur usko apni g me le le.
FUN chahiye saale ko