PDA

View Full Version : Image sequence Questions...

Deep Thought
7th May 2006, 09:50
Hi all,
I'm new to QT, and to these forums, so a big HI to you.

I have a couple of questions:

DOes anyone know of any freely available plugins to support importing targa and tiff files into QT? The DevIL library does what I need, but I'm not sure how to connect it to QT as a Qpixmap,Qimage or the like.

Also, I want to open and display a bunch of sequentially numbered image files as a continuous movie. What wouyld be the best way to do this? Can you construct a QMovie frame-by-frame? Or would be making a Vector<T> out of QImages be better?

Any help would be most appreciated,

CHeers All
DT.

wysota
7th May 2006, 11:31
DOes anyone know of any freely available plugins to support importing targa and tiff files into QT? The DevIL library does what I need, but I'm not sure how to connect it to QT as a Qpixmap,Qimage or the like.
There is http://artis.inrialpes.fr/Software/TiffIO/ for TIFF. Probably no support for Targa, but it should be easy to implement one.

Also, I want to open and display a bunch of sequentially numbered image files as a continuous movie. What wouyld be the best way to do this? Can you construct a QMovie frame-by-frame? Or would be making a Vector<T> out of QImages be better?

Try with QMovie.

Deep Thought
7th May 2006, 13:16
Thanks for the response wysota,

How would I construct a QMovie frame-by-frame, I can't find a method which would seem to help?

Thanks Again
DT

stevey
19th July 2006, 03:20
Hi,

I actually just decided last night to finish off a TiffIO plugin I started a while ago when 4.0.0 was just released.
Nice to see someone's already doneit.

My plan has been to write a number of plugins because image format support has been somewhat limited to date.
I'll check out the Targa format spec and work on one and let you know when it's ready.

Another project in the pipeline is a full featured Qt based PDF reader / writer.
I've done a little bit of work on the reading side already to the point where I can strip out all the jpegs / tiff files within an existing pdf.
It's a little messy though, so it still needs some work.

If you're after any other specific image formats, then let me know.

Steve York

calireno
11th October 2008, 21:40
Hi Steve,

Did you ever get a chance to work on a Targa plugin for Qt ?
I could really make use of it right now if you have something.
I don't know much about C++ (since i'm using PyQt) so i can't write my own :(

Thanks !

Renaud

Nfrancisj
12th February 2016, 10:23
Hiya,
Where you ever able to play a image sequence? I'm trying to play a sequence of JPEG but I'm having no luck on finding where to start! Tips? tricks? Sample code? LoL