PDA

View Full Version : QtGuid4.dll

srohit24
20th May 2009, 09:34
I have built a app that needs to run in non Qt installed systems.

When ever i try to run this app, it asks for 4 dlls and 1 of this is QtGuid4.dll.

This QtGuid4.dll is about 65mb. My apps installer goes from 0.8mb to 10mb only because i need to add this file in my installer.

I want to app to be less than 1 or 2 mb.

How can i solve this problem?

thanks.

faldzip
20th May 2009, 09:40
build your app in release mode, so it will use nodebug dlls

nightghost
20th May 2009, 09:41
First you should compile in release mode (than the program wants QtGui4.dll, etc...) The release-dlls should be much smaller, since they dont include debugging information. I cant lookup now how big the are, but maybe that is enough for you.

The next step could be to compile static, but I don't know how to archieve this under Windows. We always distribute the Qt-dlls with our program.

Do you use Visual C++? Then the target system needs to install this (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=9B2DA534-3E03-4391-8A4D-074B9F2BC1BF&displaylang=de) or you have to distribute the included dlls (If somebody knows how to get arround this, please tell me)

srohit24
20th May 2009, 10:12
i am trying to build the app in release mode but i am not succesful so far.

i am using QtCreator RC1 to build my app. it build the app only in debug mode for me.

I have added

CONFIG += release

still it builds the debug one.

PaceyIV
20th May 2009, 10:18
Menu->Build->Set build configuration->Release

But in my machines the variable in the project takes precedence.

srohit24
20th May 2009, 10:31
thanks it worked.

I was building it in debug mode.

alisami
21st May 2009, 13:18
you can compile the static qt libraries with

configure -static -<other flags>

after compiling static libraries, you should add the following to your pro file. the resulting file will be a stand-alone executable and you will not need any dll files while running the application. and of course the executable's size will be slightly larger, but not as large as the library size.

CONFIG += static