PDA

View Full Version : SQL / MVC : Advice on best choice between pure SQL against QTableModel

nooky59
4th June 2009, 14:56
Hi everybody,

I have actually a QStandardItemModel where I set sometimes items with a QFontRole or QDecorationRole to display an image or another (so it could be a bool in database for example).

I have not experienced so much with the 2 approachs but like the QTableModel approach. But I wonder if I will be easily able to add a QFontRole to all the columns of a row depending on the bool value.

For the ability to display an image or another on the bool column, I suppose this is do-able as I've seen the books example with the "stars rating" custom delegate.

So, I almost wonder if I could do something with QFontRole on a QTableModel or if it should be better to deal with the other approach with pure SQL then dealing with the model myself.

Thanks for your advice.

nooky59
4th June 2009, 17:44
Ok, my question is perhaps totally stupid but I am quite tired and my attention is not really focussed today ;o)

Why the hell dealing with higher level stuffs like QSqlTableModel when we know all about SQL requests ;o)

But perhaps I'm wrong and if I what I would like to achieve with specific role is possible at a higher-level, it could be nice to stay on a C++ / Qt / model friendly syntax...