PDA

View Full Version : QTextEdit Help Please

Raystorm
10th May 2006, 08:04
I am trying to create a tabbed command line for windows. I have found example code on how to pipe from one console program to another. but I can't get the program to display the windows command line in a console box, which is basically an empty class at the moment that inherits from QTextEdit.

Any Help would be greatly appreciated,
Raystorm

nupul
10th May 2006, 13:24
I am trying to create a tabbed command line for windows.

what do you mean "tabbed command line"? could you please highlight more?

Thanks

michael
10th May 2006, 17:45
what do you mean "tabbed command line"? could you please highlight more?

Thanks

I believe they mean something like konsole in KDE. Instead of opening individual command prompt windows they want to be able to have one window open with each command prompt process in its own tab.

Raystorm
10th May 2006, 20:16
What I am trying to do is make a tabbed interface where each tab has its own command line. I'm tired of having to open multiple command line windows, in M$ Window$. So I'm writing a program where I wont have to anymore.

sorry I wasn't clear enough earlier:o

michael
11th May 2006, 00:01
Raystorm, I thought this might interest you....

http://www.promptpal.com/

Raystorm
11th May 2006, 04:02
That is an odd program but not what I was looking for. If I get Mine it working will be avilable free and open source. But thanks for the Link I'll be sure and take a closer look later.

michael
11th May 2006, 04:08
That is an odd program but not what I was looking for. If I get Mine it working will be avilable free and open source. But thanks for the Link I'll be sure and take a closer look later.

I hope you are successfull

fullmetalcoder
15th May 2006, 09:31
The true problem with M$ window$ is that you can't use the underlying software like in Unix...

Konsole is just a convenient interface for various shells (which can be performed quite easily through QProcess) while M$ command.com (or cmd.exe, depends on your version of window$) doesn't allow such an interaction AFAIK, at least I failed in implementing it in an earlier version of DevQt and I swear I tried everything I could...

Raystorm
17th May 2006, 04:50
I've got code that should be farely close to working. I'm using open source QT and DevC++ and I've gotten it down to one lone error message dealing with namespace in my console.h class file. Here is the most current version of my project.

Thanks for anything/everything,
Raystorm