PDA

View Full Version : QT Add-in for Visual Studio

justso1
10th June 2009, 10:48
Hi --

Hopefully I'm doing this right -- I'm new to the "message board" scene!

I just installed QT and the Visual Studio QT add-in -- the newest versions from the website. After playing with path variables, I managed to get the "Launch Designer" and "Launch Linguist" options in the QT menu to work. However, I can't get the rest to work. My two problems (hopefully related) are:

1. When I go to File > New > Project ... and select the "Qt Application" template, when I go through the project wizard and click "Finish" a dialog pops up with the following message: "The given path's format is not supported."

2. When I click "Open Qt Project File (.pro) ..." under the QT menu, the same message appears, with a stack trace below.

Do you know what could cause this? Thanks!

- jms...

PS -- Does anyone have experience using QT and CUDA together? Is this possible within Visual Studio?

nish
11th June 2009, 01:56
what paths u have added?

justso1
15th June 2009, 01:24
I added the following to my PATH:

C:\CUDA\bin;C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTSystem\;C:\Qt\2009.02\bin;C:\Qt\ 2009.02;C:\Qt\2009.02\bin\designer;C:\Qt\2009.02\q t\bin

Am I missing something?

Thanks --
- Justin

nish
15th June 2009, 06:42
C:\Qt\2009.02\q t\bin

there is a space in "q t"..

justso1
15th June 2009, 08:11
Sorry -- that was a typo. Any other ideas?

Thanks --
- jms...

nish
15th June 2009, 08:17
Try to define QTDIR variable as C:\Qt\2009.02\qt and then set the paths like %QTDIR%\bin. etc..

sorry,, i m out of ideas :(

justso1
15th June 2009, 08:46
Simply setting the QTDIR variable led to a new error when completing the new project tool:

////////////////////////////////////////////////
The following error occured:
The file C:\Qt\2009.02\qt\.qmake.cache doesn't exist.
(at Trolltech.Qt4VS2005.QtProjectLib.VersionInformatio n..ctor(String qtDirIn)
at Trolltech.Qt4VS2005.QtProjectEngine.QtProjectEngin e.CreateProject(DTE app, String proName, String proPath, String slnName, Boolean exclusive, FakeFilter[] filters, String qtVersion, String platformName))
(btw for some reason the forum inserted spaces in VersionInformation and QtProjectEngine -- not sure why!)

Also, when I go to Qt > Qt Options, the following error pops up:

The following error occured:
These Qt version are inaccessible:
qt in C:\Qt\2009.02\qt
Make sure that you have read access to all files in your Qt directories.

What might these mean? Are we doing any better?

Thanks!
- jms...

nish
15th June 2009, 08:54
sorry to make things worse... now u have to wait for some other person's reply :(

justso1
15th June 2009, 09:04
BTW if I add the .qmake.cache file where it wants (just a blank one) it makes the project. When I try to compile the project without any changes, however, I get the following linker error:

LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file 'qtmaind.lib'

There's also a warning:

RCC: Warning: No resources in 'c:\qttest5\qttest5\qttest5.qrc'.

justso1
15th June 2009, 09:07
And, the directory C:\Qt\2009.02\qt\lib contains files of the extension .a -- should it have .lib files?

nish
15th June 2009, 09:36
looks like your computer is messed up big time with paths and different versions of qt and/or related software...

i recommed to uninstall the qt sdk and the visual studio addin...

then manually delete all the changes you have done to your envirment variables... (PATH, QTDIR etc)..

delete the directory of sdk and visual addin(if not removed by uninstaller).

restart computer

install qt sdk first
run visual studio
kill visual studio
install vs addin.

restart
run studio

i dono what will happen

justso1
15th June 2009, 09:47
i'll give that a try tomorrow. do you know -- is it necessary to build qt or should all the files already be there? i didn't see any .lib files in the qt install. did i download the wrong thing?

nish
15th June 2009, 10:02
all files should be there... you must have downloaded the rite version as only .exe files runs on windows :)

Lesiok
15th June 2009, 14:09
You must build Qt with Viusal Studio. Standard Qt binaries are compiled with gcc.
In my PATH I have only %QTDIR%\bin