PDA

View Full Version : Static application missing pcap functionality

remy06
11th June 2009, 13:17
Hi,

I have a static application that is missing functionality.

I have managed to build and install Qt ( qt-x11-opensource-src-4.5.0.tar.gz ) on ubuntu 8.04 following this tutorial :
http://wiki.qtcentre.org/index.php?title=Building_static_Qt_on_Linux

The application is a simple sniffer that uses libpcap .After i build the application with "qmake" and "make", I tested it on another system but the application doesn't seem to capture anything,other functions seem fine. Therefore suspect the problem lies with libpcap.

The following is the steps i used:

1. Install libpcap files with "sudo apt-get install libpcap0.8-dev"

2. Building Qt static

sudo apt-get install libx11-dev libfreetype6-dev libavahi-gobject-dev libSM-dev libXrender-dev libfontconfig-dev libXext-dev
(* I can only get pass the ./configure step after I've installed the above......)

./configure -static -release -nomake demos -nomake examples -nomake tools
make
sudo make install

3. Building the application:

add to .pro file:
CONFIG += static
LIBS += -L/usr/lib -lpcap

export PATH="$PATH:/usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.5.0/bin"
qmake
make

everything seems fine..no errors noticed...but I can't figure out what went wrong.....

Is there any solution or something that I've missed?

Please advice...

wysota
15th June 2009, 21:30
Maybe the problem is with access right? Did you try running the application as root? Or running it on yet another machine?

Waleed
20th May 2012, 19:50
hi
i am waleed i really need ur help i am maknig a program that is used to froweard stored packets on disk drive
using qt and libpcap in linux i get error while compiling that "undefined refrence to pcap_loop() and pcap_open_offline()
how can i fix this problem?

wysota
21st May 2012, 18:33
Make sure you link your application against libpcap.