PDA

View Full Version : Liscencing problem, GPL v2 or v3? or both?

golnaz
25th June 2009, 21:10
In my application, I have used some parts of a file from QtGui module, with some modifications in code.

I got the source from here (http://cep.xor.aps.anl.gov/software/qt4-x11-4.2.2-browser/d4/db1/src_2gui_2text_2qtextdocumentfragment__p_8h-source.html) , and as you see, It is liscenced under GPL v2.
But Qt itself uses different liscences, like GPLv3, and applications which use this file indirectly, can be liscenced under GPL v3.
Now I don't know if It's legal to publish the whole application under GPLv3? or I should use both v2 and v3?
:confused:

Lykurg
25th June 2009, 21:22
Hi,

you can qtextdocumentfragment_p.h (including the code you used) also find in your local Qt installation and then only use it under GPL3.

Lykurg

golnaz
25th June 2009, 21:56
I did a search and found qtextdocumentfragment.h in my Qt installation, which is liscenced under both GPL v2 and v3, but I couldn't find qtextdocumentfragment_p.h on my installation.
Can I be sure that it supports both versions, too?

Lykurg
25th June 2009, 22:33
Which version do you use? Both qtsdk-2009.01 and qtsdk-2009.02 have that file. And by the way, which code have you take out of that header file? there isn't very much in it.