View Full Version : Qt Opensource 4.5.2 wont compile

MarkoSan
26th June 2009, 11:12
Hi to all!
I am trying to compile Qt Opensource 4.5.2 and after:
configure -debug-and-release and
mingw32-make allI get:
Creating library file: d:\Qt\2009.03\qt\lib\libQtWebKitd4.a
./tmp\obj\debug_shared\QNetworkReplyHandler.o:QNetwo rkReplyHandler.cpp:(.text+0x
14c): undefined reference to `vtable for WebCore::FormDataIODevice'
./tmp\obj\debug_shared\QNetworkReplyHandler.o:QNetwo rkReplyHandler.cpp:(.text+0x
2a4): undefined reference to `vtable for WebCore::FormDataIODevice'
3e8): undefined reference to `vtable for WebCore::FormDataIODevice'
50c): undefined reference to `vtable for WebCore::FormDataIODevice'
630): undefined reference to `vtable for WebCore::FormDataIODevice'
d8e): undefined reference to `vtable for WebCore::QNetworkReplyHandler'
10a0): undefined reference to `vtable for WebCore::QNetworkReplyHandler'
./tmp\obj\debug_shared\FrameLoaderClientQt.o:FrameLo aderClientQt.cpp:(.text+0x4e
58): undefined reference to `QWebPage::unsupportedContent(QNetworkReply*)'
./tmp\obj\debug_shared\FrameLoaderClientQt.o:FrameLo aderClientQt.cpp:(.text+0x61
1a): undefined reference to `QWebPage::downloadRequested(QNetworkRequest const&)
'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
mingw32-make[2]: *** [..\..\..\..\lib\QtWebKitd4.dll] Error 1
mingw32-make[2]: Leaving directory `D:/Qt/2009.03/qt/src/3rdparty/webkit/WebCore
'
mingw32-make[1]: *** [debug-all] Error 2
mingw32-make[1]: Leaving directory `D:/Qt/2009.03/qt/src/3rdparty/webkit/WebCore
'
mingw32-make: *** [sub-webkit-all-ordered] Error 2What is wrong?

Lykurg
26th June 2009, 13:23
Hi to all!
I am trying to compile Qt Opensource 4.5.2 and after:
configure -debug-and-release and
mingw32-make all

Well my Linux port says:

-debug-and-release Compile and link two versions of Qt, with and without debugging turned on (Mac only).

And I guess you work under windows.

MarkoSan
26th June 2009, 13:49
OK, but howcome it did work in previous version of Qt, changelog does not mention anything about this feature under windows disabled.

lyuts
28th June 2009, 20:36
When i compile Qt i disable Webkit compilation, because I now that i won't use it. I don't if Webkit is necessary for you, but if it is not, then just disable it.

MarkoSan
29th June 2009, 15:29
The problem is that I NEED webkit, any ideas?

lyuts
29th June 2009, 15:50
Have you ever compiled webkit successfully?

configure's help says

-webkit ............ Compile in the WebKit module (WebKit is built if a decent C++ compiler is used.)

MinGW's g++ is not decent. Just like with phonon, there is no easy way to do this.

Qt Centre's wiki has an article describing some magic of building phonon with MinGW. You need to find smth like this for Webkit.

MarkoSan
29th June 2009, 16:04
In previous version of Qt (4.5.1) I've built WebKit without any problems using IDENTICAL mingw (same version). Do you have a link to workaround you've mentioned?

lyuts
29th June 2009, 20:42
It is here http://wiki.qtcentre.org/index.php?title=Building_the_Phonon_backend_plugin _on_Windows_using_MinGW

Sorry then, I have no idea how to solve this problem. =(

ironstorm
26th November 2009, 06:56
Cause:
src/3rdparty/webkit/WebCore/tmp/moc/{debug,release}_shared/moc_QNetworkReplyHandler.cpp being empty after moc fails to generate it properly.

Workaround:
delete src/3rdparty/webkit/WebCore/tmp/moc/{debug,release}_shared/mocinclude.tmp and rerun make, which will trigger moc to rerun and generate the file correctly before continuing the build.

Credit: solution found here --> http://lists.trolltech.com/pipermail/qt-interest/2009-October/013495.html