PDA

View Full Version : Qt_linuxbase ??

Windsoarer
28th June 2009, 10:10
Hello gurus,

Having just installed OpenSuse and then qtcreator, I can't compile anymore because the parameter QT_LINUXBASE is not defined by default.
It is possible to define it manually in the code, but then the code isn't cross-platform anymore

Does anybody have ideas ?

Thanks

wysota
28th June 2009, 10:33
Can we see the exact error?

Windsoarer
28th June 2009, 11:28
The compilation error occurs in the header file qgl.h which is part of the Qt/Opengl libraries.

# ifndef QT_LINUXBASE
# include <GL/glu.h>
# endif

qgl.h is called indirectly from my code.

I can manage my code without the GL/glu.h header. Trouble is QT_LINUXBASE is unknown to the compiler, so an error message is issued at this point in the compilation.

Thanks for any insight

wysota
28th June 2009, 11:38
Ok, but what is the problem? The file shouldn't be included and so it won't. If you need to include glu, do it from your own code.

Windsoarer
28th June 2009, 11:51
Sorry if I'm not clear. At this point in the code, I get the error :

/opt/qtsdk-2009.03/qt/include/QtOpenGL/qgl.h:77: error: GL/glu.h: No such file or directory

because QT_LINUXBASE is not defined.

On the other hand, if I define the parameter in my code, then it isn't cross platform anymore.

wysota
28th June 2009, 12:01
So install GLU development files. Apparently your distro is not LSB compliant and Qt needs GLU for something.

Windsoarer
28th June 2009, 12:10
Good idea, I'll try that

Thanks

Windsoarer
28th June 2009, 18:11
Thanks for the advice Wysota, there was indeed a missing development library named "mesa-libGLU"

Everything compiles fine now