PDA

View Full Version : automatic reading TXT file

sunnysun520
29th June 2009, 11:31
Hello! If I want to use qt for automatic reading TXT file 。Please provide some ideas to me!
thanks!

gsmiko
29th June 2009, 11:40
Hello!

Please be more specific what do you mean by reading a txt file automatically! Describe your problem/idea!

SABROG
29th June 2009, 11:40
You can use QFile

sunnysun520
30th June 2009, 15:15
You can use QFile

Ha ha!
what I mean is listenning to people read txt file。how can I using Qt to realize it!

wysota
30th June 2009, 16:29
what I mean is listenning to people read txt file。how can I using Qt to realize it!

Just take a comfortable chair, sit down, start QtDemo to have some pleasant visual experience and start listening to people reading text files ;)

Hint: We still don't understand what you meant.

Boron
30th June 2009, 16:46
Perhaps he is thinking of a speech synthesizer?
On Windows this might be of help: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speech_Application_Programming_Interface

No idea what APIs exist on other platforms, or if there is a cross-platform library for speech synthesis.

wysota
30th June 2009, 17:19
That crossed my mind as well but then I asked myself "Why would anyone expect a general application development framework to contain a speech syntethizer (for all possible languages in the world probably) ?".

sunnysun520
1st July 2009, 13:23
On Windows this might be of help: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speech_Application_Programming_Interface

No idea what APIs exist on other platforms, or if there is a cross-platform library for speech synthesis.

I'm sorry. maybe my English is so poor. what Boron say is I want to say. if I want to realize it on linux . Is it possible?

wysota
1st July 2009, 14:52
You need to have a speech syntherizer for the proper language. Qt won't help you with that in any way.

sunnysun520
1st July 2009, 15:38
Thanks,maybe I can use QProcess to call the external program handling it. Would that be feasible?

wysota
1st July 2009, 16:00
Yes, you can use QProcess or a library call if a particular synthetizer is distributed as a library.