PDA

View Full Version : problem in Keyboard Plugin :QT-Embedded

augusbas
30th June 2009, 13:37
Hi,

Problem with Keyboard Plugin for qt-Embedded. we have a keyboard plugin written for imx31 processor compiled with qtopia and its working fine. We export the plugin in qtopia as below,to work with keyboard:

export qws_keyboard = imx31kbdhandler:/dev/input/event0

Now we need to use qt-Embedded and we are trying to use the same plugin used for Qtopia. We did the compilation by procedures and we did install. Without errors lib has been created and export is done as same as qtopia.

export qws_keyboard = imx31kbdhandler:/dev/input/event0

But the keyboard is not working.

Query 1) Whether the environment variable for QTOPIA and QT_Embedded "qws_keyboard" is same or diffrent.

Query 2) Is there any problem with the plugin compilation procedure on QT-Embedded.

Query 3) For every application which is using keyboard , whether i need to point the plugin LIB file in .pro file?

I am using QT-Embedded 4.4.0 and i have attached the keyboard handler for reference.

Please help to resolve the problem.

e8johan
14th July 2009, 10:25
Do you use the same binary plugin? I believe that Qt can be picky about that, so you'd better recompile the plugin using qmake from the latter Qt version that you intend to use on your target.

augusbas
15th July 2009, 05:58
Do you use the same binary plugin? I believe that Qt can be picky about that, so you'd better recompile the plugin using qmake from the latter Qt version that you intend to use on your target.

Hi Johan,

Thanks for your reply.

We can able to figure out the problem. We were using QWSKeyboardHandler and QKeyboardPlugin ( Two classes Only avialable to qtopia core not to Qt-Embedded) . So we got error while compiling .

So now how do we create a custom keyboard plugin for qt-Embedded . Is there any specific classes avialable for Qt-Embedded Keyboard plugin. Please help.