PDA

View Full Version : QT on Cell BE

msaadie
1st July 2009, 22:48
I am required to develop a GUI application on IBM Cell BE using Cell SDK, so I decided to use QT for developing my UI. But I am facing a question, my problem is I want to use QT to develop the UI but the main functionality and computation(which will include data distribution and synchronizing between processors) will be done by Cell SDK libraries so does anyone have any idea how can I combine the two? Can I compile QT code with ppu-gcc?

Thanks in advance

msaadie
4th July 2009, 02:05
example code I am using is

#include <qapplication.h>
#include <qpushbutton.h>

int main( int argc, char **argv )
{
QApplication a( argc, argv );

QPushButton hello( "Hello world!", 0 );
hello.resize( 100, 30 );

a.setMainWidget( &hello );
hello.show();
return a.exec();
}

compile instruction is

./ppu-gcc -I/usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.5.1/include/Qt /home/Progs/testqt.c -o testqt

where this "-I/usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.5.1/include/Qt" means look for header files in the following directory "/usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.5.1/include/Qt"

and the error I get is
"Qtcore/qcoreapplication.h: No such file or directory"

and likewise similar errors for other header files which means that compiler cannot find the header files defined in qapplication.h, even after adding the required path in PATH env variable, it didnt help.

jpn
16th July 2009, 19:43
Why don't you use qmake? At least try to compile a dummy app with makefile created by qmake to see all the necessary compiler arguments.