PDA

View Full Version : Filtering as Excel in Table

ankurjain
13th May 2006, 07:02
Hi guys,
i have to implement autofilter feature of excel in my table. The requirement is same as excel. When i select autofilter, there must come a drop down menu on the headers, and the items in it must be the contents of the column below it.

Ne ideas how it can be implemented. I am mostly worried about the drop down stuff on header..... is it possible in qt ?

jpn
13th May 2006, 09:05
Hi guys,
i have to implement autofilter feature of excel in my table. The requirement is same as excel. When i select autofilter, there must come a drop down menu on the headers, and the items in it must be the contents of the column below it.

Ne ideas how it can be implemented. I am mostly worried about the drop down stuff on header..... is it possible in qt ?
Hmm, isn't the autofilter's "drop down menu", instead of header, in the top most cell of the filtered area, per each column?
When an area is selected for autofiltering, you could insert a widget to the top most cell of each selected column. This widget would naturally be a combo box filled with appropriate filtering rules. Then you just hide/show the rows below due to the combo box selection changes.