PDA

View Full Version : vary hard problem to solve

FS Lover
2nd July 2009, 07:35
I have experienced a very confusing problem with qt and I share my experience with you.
if system date at the qt installation time is ahead of the date after qt installation, for any reason (for example I corrected my system's wrong date after qt installation), you can't compile your qt programs and a command is infinitely executed when you issue the make command.
the reason is, project configurations for making qt programs depend on some files in the qt installation, and every time .pro file is re-generated it has still an older date that the qt's files.

Lykurg
2nd July 2009, 07:39
Maybe it helps if you first (= after time change) clean your project.

FS Lover
2nd July 2009, 07:58
no it doesn't solve the problem.
because every new file generated would have still a date prior to qt installation.

wysota
2nd July 2009, 09:26
It's not a problem with Qt but with make. It bases its decisions on what needs compiling based on the modification dates of files. You have to make sure all files marked as dependencies in the Makefile have a modification time in the past. If you don't have any wise tools to do that, just set your system clock back and use the "touch" command or its windows equivalent to change modification times of the relevant files. Then you can set the clock back to a proper value.