PDA

View Full Version : Compilation and distribution

cpearson1990
6th July 2009, 23:37
Hi, I'm working on a project at the moment and have chosen QT to develop it for multiple platforms (windows, osx and possibly linux).

I am able to build the project for windows using QT creator (on windows), I wish to know if it is possible to develop and build the project on a windows machine, and have it (at build time) produce it so it can run on osx or linux?

Thank you
Clint

nish
7th July 2009, 01:45
for osx you are out of luck becoz i dont think there is a cross compiler for it. On linux in dont know.

Lykurg
7th July 2009, 07:29
The magic word is cross compile. Use either the forums search engine or a simple internet search engine and you will find thousands of site regarding to you question.

cpearson1990
7th July 2009, 12:20
I see, so I am able to generate the project with QT still?

And once I've done in QT, I would add a new build step and point it to the cross-platform compiler and pass it the suitable arguments?

Lykurg
7th July 2009, 17:43
And once I've done in QT, I would add a new build step and point it to the cross-platform compiler and pass it the suitable arguments?

Code normal and use *.pro file with win32{} scope or the others to bind specific os stuff, then simply install different cross compilers, use the -spec option of qmake and build for the different targets like you currently do.

genessr
14th July 2009, 01:16
Download the QtCreator installer for Windows on your windows machine, install it, just copy your project. Recompile your project in windows box.

jpn
16th July 2009, 15:09
As for Linux, it might be even simpler to install a virtual machine and compile there, rather than setting up a cross-compiler.