PDA

View Full Version : macdeployqt doesn't work at all.

pherthyl
7th July 2009, 23:17
I've been trying to deploy my app on OSX, without success. The docs say that it is just a matter of running macdeployqt myapp.app -dmg to create the dmg, but I can't get it to work.

When I build my app, then run macdeployqt, it says it is copying plugins from /usr/plugins, which doesn't exist. Sure enough, the app folder has no plugins, so I can't load images or use my sqlite functions.

I copied the plugins manually into the app folder (Contents/PlugIns) and created my own compressed dmg manually. That installed and ran correctly on my dev machine, but it doesn't run on any other mac. On a mac with 10.4.11, it doesn't launch at all, no feedback. On a mac with 10.5, it ran but immediately crashed with an error about loading the SVG module (no image found). The SVG dll is in the package though, as a framework.

All these problems seem to indicate that I'm doing something wrong, because I can't really find other people that are having problems with the tool. Is there something special I need to do that I'm missing? The docs don't have much about the macdeployqt tool. I would go the statically linking route, but it seems it is going the way of the dodo with the cocoa port, so I would prefer to figure out how to do it properly.

pherthyl
10th July 2009, 00:42
nm, solved the problem. I copied the plugins to /usr/plugins and it works. Looks like that's a bug with the sdk.