PDA

View Full Version : is there any api can send signal/message to other application

guchangyuan
27th July 2009, 07:46
is there a way to close other application through windows title like MFC in win32 platform.
or other method, can qt do it? other question i want to know is can qt send a message/signal to other application.
any help is appreciated.

yogeshgokul
27th July 2009, 07:52
Try:
Boost (http://www.boost.org/)

nish
27th July 2009, 08:07
other question i want to know is can qt send a message/signal to other application.

if your both application are in Qt and you have the source code of both of the application then on Windows you can just send the SendMessage api... or for a platform independent way... google for QtSingleApplication to take some hint.

wagmare
27th July 2009, 08:09
ther question i want to know is can qt send a message/signal to other application.

QProcess will help u .. as a std Input u can send message to seperate application ... otherwise as a argument of the application u can send a message ..

guchangyuan
27th July 2009, 08:41
if your both application are in Qt and you have the source code of both of the application then on Windows you can just send the SendMessage api... or for a platform independent way... google for QtSingleApplication to take some hint.

thank you for your answer, why i can't find the information about QtSingleApplication int qt assisatant, and i include it, compiler error information is : no this file.

guchangyuan
27th July 2009, 08:46
is qt call win32 api like mfc? direct call it? like HWND hwnd = FindWondw("", "");

nish
27th July 2009, 08:57
thank you for your answer, why i can't find the information about QtSingleApplication int qt assisatant, and i include it, compiler error information is : no this file.
because it is not a part of qt api... you have to download it sperately from qtsotware.com solutions page

is qt call win32 api like mfc? direct call it? like HWND hwnd = FindWondw("", "");
yes you can call any win32api ... just include <windows.h> whereever you want to use it... but remember that your code will work only on windows then.

guchangyuan
27th July 2009, 09:04
because it is not a part of qt api... you have to download it sperately from qtsotware.com solutions page

yes you can call any win32api ... just include <windows.h> whereever you want to use it... but remember that your code will work only on windows then.

i got it. thank you very much.