PDA

View Full Version : How to compile and create qt-creator from the src packege

wincry
28th July 2009, 10:58
Hi everybody,
i am completely new to programming and qt. Recently i downloaded qt 4.5 src packege
and created the static lib of qt with mingw compiler. i have also downloaded src package
of qt-creator-1.2.1 so i can compile it on my own using mingw compiler, but i cant compile it . i get a lot of errors. i followed the following procedure .......

c:\qt-creator-1.2.1-src\qmake -project
c:\qt-creator-1.2.1-src\qmake
c:\qt-creator-1.2.1-src\mingw32-make

please tell me how should i make it.

with regards..............

yogeshgokul
28th July 2009, 11:32
You want to use Qt-creator or just want to build it. As you are starting with Qt and programming, better go for Installing Qt-SDK with binary installer.

wincry
28th July 2009, 11:43
You want to use Qt-creator or just want to build it. As you are starting with Qt and programming, better go for Installing Qt-SDK with binary installer.

Many Thanks for replay yogeshgokul,

i know that i can use the sdk package but i want to static build the package
so i will not need the dll files,i never compiled a qt project before so i want to compile a qt project on my own. please yogeshgokul if know how can this be done please tell me.i just want to learn.

i am getting following errors like..

release/main.o:main.cpp:(.text+0x24e): undefined reference to `_imp___ZN15Extens
ionSystem13PluginManager13formatOptionsER11QTextSt reamii'
release/main.o:main.cpp:(.text+0x270): undefined reference to `_imp___ZNK15Exten
sionSystem13PluginManager19formatPluginOptionsER11 QTextStreamii'
release/main.o:main.cpp:(.text+0x6f8): undefined reference to `_imp___ZN15Extens
ionSystem13PluginManagerC1Ev'

thanks in advance .

With regards.............

yogeshgokul
28th July 2009, 11:53
i know that i can use the sdk package but i want to static build the package
so i will not need the dll files,i never compiled a qt project before so i want to compile a qt project on my own. please yogeshgokul if know how can this be done please tell me.i just want to learn.
To build qt statically use these commands:

cd C:\path\to\Qt
configure -static <any other options you need>

i am getting following errors like..

release/main.o:main.cpp:(.text+0x24e): undefined reference to `_imp___ZN15Extens
release/main.o:main.cpp:(.text+0x270): undefined reference to `_imp___ZNK15Exten
release/main.o:main.cpp:(.text+0x6f8): undefined reference to `_imp___ZN15Extens

Check this link (http://www.qtsoftware.com/developer/faqs/165?hotspoturl=http%3A//www.qtsoftware.com/developer/faqs).

wincry
28th July 2009, 12:07
no no you don't understand yogeshgokul,
i have already build the static lib of qt4 using mingw compiler, i just want to compile qt-creator on my own.

yogeshgokul
28th July 2009, 12:21
no no you don't understand yogeshgokul,
Sorry for that.

i just want to compile qt-creator on my own.

At the time of compiling creator, why you entered qmake -project ?
You just need
"make" to build.
Just refer INSTALL file came with creator source archive.

wincry
28th July 2009, 14:31
This is my 4th attempt. i tried to follow the install file in the package.
i executed the below command

c:\>qmake qtcreator.pro CONFIG+=static
c:\> mingw32-make

but i still getting the errors like

release/main.o:main.cpp:(.text+0x72c): undefined reference to `_imp___ZN15Extens
ionSystem13PluginManager16setFileExtensionERK7QStr ing'

please anybody help me.....
With regards......