PDA

View Full Version : Using Widgets

padawan
29th July 2009, 14:58
Hi,
In my Linux system, I have installed CLAM Network Editor, which includes a Widget to use in QTDesigner.
Altough the widget file is put in /usr/lib/qt4/plugins/designer/ directory, I cannot see widgets in QT Designer.
My QT is installed in /opt/qt directory, I've also tried lib directory in that location but did not work either.

Any comments or solutions?

wagmare
29th July 2009, 15:08
only QtFile.ui can be view or opened in Designer

padawan
29th July 2009, 15:12
Hi,

What is a library file (in my case libCLAMWidgets.so) file needed for? Isn't it a "compiled" component?

wysota
29th July 2009, 15:32
It is but not every library is a designer plugin. It might just be the component itself that you need to link against your application to use it.

If you are sure it is a designer plugin, check if its dependencies are all met using ldd.

padawan
29th July 2009, 21:04
Hi,
Yes I am sure it's a visual widget, and ldd shows no problems.

Is there a way to add the widget to QTDesigner/Creator manually, rather than waiting it to load from specified directory?

wysota
29th July 2009, 21:58
Yes I am sure it's a visual widget, and ldd shows no problems.
A widget and a Designer plugin is not the same. Designer needs some additional code to be able to provide access to a widget. For instance consider my widgets (the link is in my signature) - what you get after compilation is two files. One is a widget library (libwwwidgets4.so) which is (probably) an equivalent of libCLAMWidgets.so. The other file is wwwidgetsplugin.so which is a Designer plugin that provides access to widgets embedded in libwwwidgets4.so from within Designer. Seems you are missing an equivalent file for your widgets. You can of course implement a Designer plugin for them if you want.

padawan
29th July 2009, 22:19
Hi,
In fact I have another file named libqt3supportwidgets.so at the same directory. I'm not sure this is the file you've mentioned.

Anyway, as I've asked is there way to manually add this widget to QT Designer?

wysota
30th July 2009, 00:38
Hi,
In fact I have another file named libqt3supportwidgets.so at the same directory. I'm not sure this is the file you've mentioned.
No, it's not.

Anyway, as I've asked is there way to manually add this widget to QT Designer?

Using Custom Widgets with Qt Designer

padawan
30th July 2009, 07:39
ok, thank you.

padawan
31st July 2009, 14:31
ok the problem had a much simpler solution; the files were ok but needed to be put in /opt/qtsdk-2009.03/qt/plugins/designer$ rather than the global /usb/lib... place
it's ok now in qt designer but i have to achieve same result in qt creator, what is the plugin path for qt creator?