PDA

View Full Version : Plugin LIBS path not found

vieraci
4th August 2009, 01:36
What's the correct line to include the plugin path ?
The only thing that seemed to work is:

# LIBS += $$[QT_INSTALL_PLUGINS]/designer/libDbComboBox.so
I have to tell it the library name. Shouldn't the compiler find it from the path setting ?
I've tried these lines but the compiler can't find it.

LIBS += -L$$[QT_INSTALL_PLUGINS]/designer -llibDbComboBox
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -llibDbComboBox

LIBS += -l$$[QT_INSTALL_PLUGINS]/designer
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -l/home/vince/qtsdk-2009.03/bin/designer

LIBS += -L$$[QT_INSTALL_PLUGINS]/designer
undefined reference to [all my methods]

The path IS a valid directory, using Qt 4.5.2 on Debian.

yogeshgokul
4th August 2009, 05:32
Whats your question exactly ?:confused:

faldzip
4th August 2009, 09:16
try removing "lib" from "-llibDbComboBox" (make it just "-lDbComboBox"), as a "lib" is a part of "soname" on Unix (full soname: lib*.so.1.2.3, where * is the real library name and 1.2.3 is a version)

vieraci
4th August 2009, 15:31
try removing "lib" from "-llibDbComboBox" (make it just "-lDbComboBox"), as a "lib" is a part of "soname" on Unix (full soname: lib*.so.1.2.3, where * is the real library name and 1.2.3 is a version)

Thanks.
One question. What happens when I build a bunch of plugins, do they all need to be named ? I thought -L specified the directory where shared libraries could be found ?

kavinsiva
4th August 2009, 16:12
HI,

help me i am new one to Qt4.5 i want to know how do add a page into QToolBox

faldzip
5th August 2009, 08:14
HI,

help me i am new one to Qt4.5 i want to know how do add a page into QToolBox

Use Qt Assistant for finding information about. And Qt Examples & Demos.

faldzip
5th August 2009, 10:23
Thanks.
One question. What happens when I build a bunch of plugins, do they all need to be named ? I thought -L specified the directory where shared libraries could be found ?
hmm how they can be unnamed? ;> if all the libraries are in the same dir then you specify that dir with -L like -L/path/to/my/dir and than you can add all libraries from that dir with -l like -llibrary1 -llibrary2 -llibrary3

vieraci
5th August 2009, 14:32
hmm how they can be unnamed? ;> if all the libraries are in the same dir then you specify that dir with -L like -L/path/to/my/dir and than you can add all libraries from that dir with -l like -llibrary1 -llibrary2 -llibrary3

Yes that's what I mean.
So, when I specified -L/path/to/lib, I got an error like invalid path or something.

In other words, the compiler doesn't look thru them all to find the one(s) required ?