PDA

View Full Version : Avoiding stepping into qt source files while debugging

piotr.dobrogost
4th August 2009, 20:59
How can I avoid stepping into qt source files while debugging qt app?
I'm using both gcc and vc++ on windows.

wdezell
4th August 2009, 21:32
Read up on Step Over versus Step Into. That may be what you're looking for if I understand the question correctly. In ddd and Qt Creator they're F10 and F11 respectively.

piotr.dobrogost
5th August 2009, 07:40
Read up on Step Over versus Step Into.

The point in not _manually_ avoiding stepping into source files you don't want to step into but to have it _automatically_ done.

faldzip
5th August 2009, 08:07
The point in not _manually_ avoiding stepping into source files you don't want to step into but to have it _automatically_ done.
You mean, that when your app crash under debugger than the first opened file showing the place of line causing the crash is somewhere in Qt sources?
Than it is difficult to avoid it :] first thing is to use the stack trace to find the last place in your sources which caused error and just go to that stack frame.

And some trick would be to compile Qt only in release mode so debugger won't have access to Qt sources :]

piotr.dobrogost
19th September 2009, 13:25
You mean, that when your app crash under debugger than the first opened file showing the place of line causing the crash is somewhere in Qt sources?

No. I mean no matter if I step into or step over debugger skips all statements from qt source files to the next statement from my own code.

spud
19th September 2009, 14:48
For Visual Studio look at http://www.cprogramming.com/debugging/visual-studio-msvc-debugging-NoStepInto.html.