PDA

View Full Version : Qt Creator or Visual Studio

N3wb
11th August 2009, 17:21
I'm making the transition from wxWidgets to Qt and I'm wondering what programming environment most people use? I have always used Visual Studio, but I see that there is an IDE bundled with Qt called "Qt Creator."

Walter
11th August 2009, 20:03
Give Qt Creator a try - it has not so many features as Visual Studio but so far I like it...

AcerExtensa
13th August 2009, 08:57
If you don't need platform specific futures or API's etc..., use QtCreator, otherwise get VS.

axeljaeger
13th August 2009, 10:07
I use Creator too and three plattforms.

yogeshgokul
13th August 2009, 10:30
On Windows I use VS and on rest 2 I use creator. But soon my employer will close my VS license. :crying::crying:
I use Visual Assist (http://www.wholetomato.com/) for best intellisense. I am waiting for the day, creator will provide intellisense like that.

nish
13th August 2009, 10:53
I came from a VS+Visual Assist background to Linux.. where i had to use the super slow eclipse or the Qt Creator... both do not compare with VS and i had a hard time getting adjusted to these... so if you are on windows and VS why leave it?

franz
13th August 2009, 11:02
so if you are on windows and VS why leave it?

The question should be: If you are using VS and you like it, why leave it? I used VS on windows and I really like Creator much better. Why not move to Creator then?

In the end this is not a choice you should make based on other peoples preferences. If you like working with VS, then you should stick with it. If you try creator and you find that you like it more, then you should start using creator.