PDA

View Full Version : Custon Layout Manager

kb1lqc
20th August 2009, 20:54
Qt Centre,
I have written a custom layout manager, a simple test at first that I will build off of. However, I cannot figure out how to impliment my custom layout manager. The Qt layout manager docs (http://doc.trolltech.com/4.5/layout.html) only seem to cover how to write one but not how to use it. A quick search on the forums here didn't turn up anything to do with actually using one as far as I can tell. I have an idea that I may need to compile the layout manager without linking it and then just including the header file but I am not sure. Any help on how to actually be able to use the layout manager in a GUI would be very helpful!

Thanks,

KB1LQC

lyuts
21st August 2009, 14:17
I have written a custom layout manager... However, I cannot figure out how to impliment my custom layout manager.

It is not clear, what you have already achieved. Anyway, what's wrong with existing layout managers?

kb1lqc
2nd September 2009, 16:05
Thanks for the reply, I managed to figure out how to implement the layout but ended up not using it. I realized that a custom layout was not the best solution to my problem :cool: