PDA

View Full Version : snow leopard broke my QT

rogerholmes
31st August 2009, 15:19
I installed Snow Leopard this week now creator can not compile. I saw a post by a man on qt fourm that fixed his by redirecting with symlink not sure how to do that.

can someone point me in the right direction.:)

wysota
31st August 2009, 18:47
Redirecting what? What's wrong exactly?

rogerholmes
31st August 2009, 20:58
wysota,

this is the output at compile in creator;

/Library/Frameworks/QtCore.framework/Headers/qnamespace.h:45: In file included from /Library/Frameworks/QtCore.framework/Headers/qnamespace.h:45,
/Library/Frameworks/QtCore.framework/Headers/qobjectdefs.h:45: from /Library/Frameworks/QtCore.framework/Headers/qobjectdefs.h:45,
/Library/Frameworks/QtGui.framework/Headers/qwindowdefs.h:45: from /Library/Frameworks/QtGui.framework/Headers/qwindowdefs.h:45,
/Library/Frameworks/QtGui.framework/Headers/qwidget.h:45: from /Library/Frameworks/QtGui.framework/Headers/qwidget.h:45,
/Library/Frameworks/QtGui.framework/Headers/qframe.h:45: from /Library/Frameworks/QtGui.framework/Headers/qframe.h:45,
/Library/Frameworks/QtGui.framework/Headers/qabstractscrollarea.h:45: from /Library/Frameworks/QtGui.framework/Headers/qabstractscrollarea.h:45,
/Library/Frameworks/QtGui.framework/Headers/qabstractitemview.h:45: from /Library/Frameworks/QtGui.framework/Headers/qabstractitemview.h:45,
/Library/Frameworks/QtGui.framework/Headers/qtableview.h:45: from /Library/Frameworks/QtGui.framework/Headers/qtableview.h:45,
/Library/Frameworks/QtGui.framework/Versions/4/Headers/qtablewidget.h:45: from /Library/Frameworks/QtGui.framework/Versions/4/Headers/qtablewidget.h:45,
/Library/Frameworks/QtGui.framework/Versions/4/Headers/QTableWidget:1: from /Library/Frameworks/QtGui.framework/Versions/4/Headers/QTableWidget:1,
/Library/Frameworks/QtCore.framework/Headers/qglobal.h:311: warning: #warning "Support for this version of Mac OS X is still preliminary"
/Library/Frameworks/QtGui.framework/Headers/qmatrix.h:46: In file included from /Library/Frameworks/QtGui.framework/Headers/qmatrix.h:46,
/Library/Frameworks/QtGui.framework/Headers/qbrush.h:49: from /Library/Frameworks/QtGui.framework/Headers/qbrush.h:49,
/Library/Frameworks/QtGui.framework/Headers/qpalette.h:47: from /Library/Frameworks/QtGui.framework/Headers/qpalette.h:47,
/Library/Frameworks/QtGui.framework/Headers/qwidget.h:48: from /Library/Frameworks/QtGui.framework/Headers/qwidget.h:48,
/Library/Frameworks/QtGui.framework/Headers/qframe.h:45: from /Library/Frameworks/QtGui.framework/Headers/qframe.h:45,
/Library/Frameworks/QtGui.framework/Headers/qabstractscrollarea.h:45: from /Library/Frameworks/QtGui.framework/Headers/qabstractscrollarea.h:45,
/Library/Frameworks/QtGui.framework/Headers/qabstractitemview.h:45: from /Library/Frameworks/QtGui.framework/Headers/qabstractitemview.h:45,
/Library/Frameworks/QtGui.framework/Headers/qtableview.h:45: from /Library/Frameworks/QtGui.framework/Headers/qtableview.h:45,
/Library/Frameworks/QtGui.framework/Versions/4/Headers/qtablewidget.h:45: from /Library/Frameworks/QtGui.framework/Versions/4/Headers/qtablewidget.h:45,
/Library/Frameworks/QtGui.framework/Versions/4/Headers/QTableWidget:1: from /Library/Frameworks/QtGui.framework/Versions/4/Headers/QTableWidget:1,
/Library/Frameworks/QtGui.framework/Headers/qregion.h:158: error: 'toQDRgn' was not declared in this scope

this project was working until i installed snow leopard.

this is the link to the qt fourm, the man had the same prob.
http://www.qtforum.org/post/97885/snow-leopard-qmake-problem.html?highlight=snow#post97885

roger

wysota
31st August 2009, 21:28
Your problem is completely different. The guy you mention had a problem with not being able to run qmake. In your case Qt probably doesn't do something it should:

/Library/Frameworks/QtCore.framework/Headers/qglobal.h:311: warning: #warning "Support for this version of Mac OS X is still preliminary"
Upgrade of Qt should fix the problem.

rogerholmes
31st August 2009, 22:15
i tried that.

wysota
31st August 2009, 22:20
To the latest git revision?

rogerholmes
31st August 2009, 22:31
it is 4.5.2 carbon, i am downloading 4.6 stable now will see if that works.

Hayden
1st September 2009, 10:29
I had the same problem. Adding

CONFIG += x86

to the end of the .pro file seemed to fix it.

rogerholmes
1st September 2009, 19:01
IT WORKS !!!

THANK YOU.. I hope everyone that needs to see this can find it.:p

Hayden
1st September 2009, 22:44
Glad that it works :)

I found the solution here under "Universal binaries". Might also be helpful.

http://doc.trolltech.com/4.5/developing-on-mac.html

rogerholmes
2nd September 2009, 04:49
creator now runs but it will not debug.

this is the error :

Could not find object file "/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk/usr/lib/gcc/i686-apple-darwin9/4.0.1/libgcc.a(_eprintf.o)" - no debug information available for "/var/tmp/gcc/gcc-5484~1/src/gcc/libgcc2.c".

wysota
2nd September 2009, 08:18
Did you build Qt in both debug and release modes?