PDA

View Full Version : Problem regarding QT compatability

sudheer168
1st September 2009, 08:39
Hi ,
I have a problem regarding QT integration with MS visual studio under windowsXP.
previously I have downloaded "qt-win-commercial-4.4.0.exe" package and integrated with MS Visual Studio 2003 using package "qt-vsintegration-1.4.0.exe". First I installed MS Visual Studio 2003 and then qt-win-commercial-4.4.0.exe just by clicking on the icon after then I integrated just by clicking on qt-vsintegration-1.4.0.exe. this is the process I have done previously.
Now I am trying to do the same with MS Visual Studio 2008 under Windows Vista. But it is not integrating properly. I mean it showing erros while I am compiling a basic Qt program (it is just I created a new QTApplication project and then compiled). The errors are

Error1error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: void __thiscall std::locale::facet::_Register(void)" (__imp_?_Register@facet@locale@std@@QAEXXZ) referenced in function "class std::ctype<char> const & __cdecl std::use_facet<class std::ctype<char> >(class std::locale const &)" (??$use_facet@V?$ctype@D@std@@@std@@YAABV?$ctype@D @0@ABVlocale@0@@Z)

Error2error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: static unsigned int __cdecl std::ctype<char>::_Getcat(class std::locale::facet const * *)" (__imp_?_Getcat@?$ctype@D@std@@SAIPAPBVfacet@local e@2@@Z) referenced in function "class std::ctype<char> const & __cdecl std::use_facet<class std::ctype<char> >(class std::locale const &)" (??$use_facet@V?$ctype@D@std@@@std@@YAABV?$ctype@D @0@ABVlocale@0@@Z)

Error3error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: static unsigned int __cdecl std::ctype<unsigned short>::_Getcat(class std::locale::facet const * *)" (__imp_?_Getcat@?$ctype@G@std@@SAIPAPBVfacet@local e@2@@Z) referenced in function "class std::ctype<unsigned short> const & __cdecl std::use_facet<class std::ctype<unsigned short> >(class std::locale const &)" (??$use_facet@V?$ctype@G@std@@@std@@YAABV?$ctype@G @0@ABVlocale@0@@Z)

Error4fatal error LNK1120: 3 unresolved externalsD:\Sudheer data\ssss\Debug\ssss.exe

So how can I get out of these errors. If not please suggest me which version of QT I have to download to work under windows Vista and which addin I have to download to integrate QT with MS visual studio2008.

Please suggest me to solve this problem.

with regards,
sudheer.

Boron
1st September 2009, 08:46
I would download this: http://get.qt.nokia.com/qt/source/qt-win-opensource-src-4.5.2.zip
and this: http://download.qt.nokia.com/vsaddin/qt-vs-addin-1.0.2.exe

The first download is the Qt library and its tools (Assistand, Designer...) as source code. But it can easily be compiled when Visual Studio is installed.
The second provides integration of Qt into Visual Studio (help system, debugger, project templates...).

wysota
1st September 2009, 09:03
Are you able to build examples that come with Qt?

nish
1st September 2009, 10:28
as far as i remember... the Qt commercial packages are different for different version of MS visual studio...
so the version for MS VS 2003 will not work with VS2008... so either you have to download the 2008 compiled version of Qt (you will find that in you customer download area) or download the qt source and compile it with VS2008.....
also remember that VS2008 service pack 1 is different from the original VS2008... check what qt offers.