PDA

View Full Version : ToolBar with menus and "effects"

avis_phoenix
24th May 2006, 22:45
Well, I have my code with a toolbar with QMenus, each QMenu has several options; I want that when push to one of them option the icon of whom they pushed go to icon of button of the QMenu and whenever they press this button, go directly to that function with that icon.

Sorry for my bad english :o

wysota
24th May 2006, 22:58
Oh, that's easy. Just assign the QAction associated with the menu entry directly to the button (it has to be a QToolButton not a QPushButton) using QToolButton::setDefaultAction().

avis_phoenix
25th May 2006, 16:36
Sorry; but i don't understand how use a Qtoolbutton :( .

For example, my code is more o less like...

QToolBar Bar;
QMenu Menu;
{
Menu = new QMenu("File");
Menu->setIcon(Icon);
Menu->addAction(Action);
Menu->AddAction(Action2);
Bar = addToolBar("My Bar");
Bar->addAction(Menu->action());
}

I don´t remember exactly my code, but i don't use a Qtoolbutton, the buttons are my QMenus in my toolbar, i can´t see how use a propiety of QToolButton, or my toolbar use my Qmenu like QToolButtons?
or i write my previous question incomplete?
:confused:

wysota
25th May 2006, 16:47
Oh, ok. So it's even easier. Just remove the menu action from the toolbar and add an action associated with one of its entries.

Edit: Sorry... but QMenu doesn't have an "action()" method. Are you sure this is really your code?

michael
25th May 2006, 17:43
Well, I have my code with a toolbar with QMenus, each QMenu has several options; I want that when push to one of them option the icon of whom they pushed go to icon of button of the QMenu and whenever they press this button, go directly to that function with that icon.

Sorry for my bad english :o

I am not sure what you are asking.. Are you asking how to get a menu to popup when you push a button on the toolbar?

Michael

avis_phoenix
26th May 2006, 21:57
Michael , no, i have a toolbar with buttons with a popup menu, i want when press a item of menu change the icon of this menu in toolbar.

wysota, the code use Menu->defaultAction () ;

avis_phoenix
27th May 2006, 19:48
I didn't write well the code is menu->menuAction(), i.e:
{
barra->addAction(Menu->menuAction());
}