PDA

View Full Version : nmake failing for embedded WINCE

Congenital Optimist
8th September 2009, 18:47
Hi

What I have:
Vista machine with Visual Studio 2008 and STANDARDSDK_500 installed.

What I have done:
I have downloaded QT creator and installed that.
I downloaded the Visual Studio plugin and installed that. (QT menu options appear in VS. All cool)
I downloaded the windows SDK and installed that, then I opened the command prompt from the start menu and built the debug libraries; there is a nice .bat file that seems to get this going.

However installing the embedded SDK is a bit different:
I open a Visual Studio command prompt (this sets up all the environment as suggested in the INSTALL doc.
I then run:
configure -xplatform wince50standard-armv4i-msvc2005 -static
as I am building for a WIN CE 5.0 platform.
This is all cool.
I then run nmake and this throws an error:
c:\Utilities\Qt\qt-embedded-wince-opensource-src-4.5.2>nmake

Microsoft (R) Program Maintenance Utility Version 9.00.30729.01
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

cd src\winmain\ && "c:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\BIN\nmake.exe" -f Makefile

"c:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\BIN\nmake.exe" -f Makefile.Debug all

cl -c -nologo -Zm200 -Zc:wchar_t- -DDEBUG -D_DEBUG -Zi -MDd -W3 -w34100 -w34189 -EHs-c- -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT -DUNDER_CE -DWINCE -D_WINDOWS -D_UNICODE -DU
NICODE -D_WIN32 -DQT_NO_PRINTER -DQT_NO_PRINTDIALOG -DSTANDARDSHELL_UI_MODEL -D_WIN32_WCE=0x500 -DARMV4I -D_ARMV4I_ -Darmv4i -D_ARM_ -DARM -D_M_ARM -DARM -D__ar
m__ -DQ_OS_WINCE_STD -DQT_NO_PRINTER -DQT_NO_PRINTDIALOG -DQT_NO_CAST_TO_ASCII -DQT_ASCII_CAST_WARNINGS -DQT_MOC_COMPAT -D_USE_MATH_DEFINES -I"..\..\include" -I
"tmp" -I"..\..\include\QtCore" -I"c:\Utilities\Qt\qt-embedded-wince-opensource-src-4.5.2\include\qtmain" -I"tmp\rcc\debug_shared" -I"tmp" -I"..\..\include\Activ
eQt" -I"tmp\moc\debug_shared" -I"." -I"..\..\mkspecs\wince50standard-armv4i-msvc2005" -Fotmp\obj\debug_shared\ @C:\Users\JEC~1.SCO\AppData\Local\Temp\nmCBF8.tmp

qtmain_win.cpp
c:\utilities\qt\qt-embedded-wince-opensource-src-4.5.2\include\qtcore\../../src/corelib/global/qt_windows.h(59) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: '
ceconfig.h': No such file or directory
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"c:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\BIN\cl.EXE"' : return code '0x2'
Stop.
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"c:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\BIN\nmake.exe"' : return code '0x2'
Stop.
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'cd' : return code '0x2'

I then opened the project.sln file in VS and compiled everything. All but one of the projects compiles.

Any ideas are welcome.

Best regards
the Congenital Optimist

Congenital Optimist
8th September 2009, 19:22
Just an addendum:
Newb error: my environment parameters were not set up ac I thought.
After fixing this the error I get now is:

tmp\obj\debug_shared\qtmain_win.obj
tmp\obj\debug_shared\qtmain_win.obj : fatal error LNK1112: module machine type 'X86' conflicts with target machine type 'THUMB'
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\ce\bin\x86_arm\lib.EXE"' : return code '0x458'
Stop.
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"c:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\BIN\nmake.exe"' : return code '0x2'
Stop.
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'cd' : return code '0x2'
Stop.

thanks in advance
the Congenital Optimist

Congenital Optimist
11th September 2009, 16:04
Ok I seemed to have solved this. I think that I did something silly in the beginning, not sure what though.

This is what works:

Open Visual Studio command prompt and run
configure -xplatform (myplatform listed in the readme)
When that completes
cd bin
setcepaths (myplatform listed in the readme)
nmake

This is pretty much what the INSTALL text file says you must do. I think that at least one of my problems was that I was setting up the LIB and PATH variables instead of running setcepaths.

It is compiling at the moment. Hope this works.