PDA

View Full Version : Audio Recording in qt

BalaQT
10th September 2009, 09:37
hi,
Im doing a project, where i need to record audio from microphone. im developing the frontend application with QT.
how can i record audio IN QT?.
if the options are not available in QT, how to use FFMPG or FMOD to work with QT?

Thanks
Bala

aamer4yu
10th September 2009, 10:43
I dont think there is audio capturing facility in Qt ... You may however check phonon.

Also there was going to be audio related stuff in 4.6 . You can check the latest 4.6-technology-preview.

BalaQT
11th September 2009, 07:27
thnks fr the reply , pls understand my question.
Is there any way to record audio in QT?.
how to make recording using FMOD or FFMPEG in QT?

I need to record audio in QT application.

Thnks
Bala

wysota
11th September 2009, 09:55
how to make recording using FMOD or FFMPEG in QT?
Exactly the same as you would do it without Qt.

BalaQT
11th September 2009, 13:53
thnks for the reply wysota.
i want to record audio in QT. how to integrate FMOD or FFMPEG with QT and produce the recording?
how to call FFMPEG from QT?

Thnks
Bala

faldzip
11th September 2009, 19:24
what do you mean by:

I don't know exactly what FFMPEG is (just looked for a while on it's webpage), but if you want to run some other application from your's - use QProcess. But my guess is that FFMPEG is a library, so you have to use it like any other library in C++ - Qt has nothing to do with it, as it is also C++ library.

wysota
11th September 2009, 22:56

Just like any other C function from any other C++ application.

Just a side note, as far as I know ffmpeg will not let you record audio. It's a set of libraries related to coding/decoding audio and video. You need the actual audio data to be there already.

BalaQT
12th September 2009, 08:30
Thnks faldżip fr ur reply.
I want to Record audio in QT?
How to do it?
do u know any ways of audio recording in QT4.5.

Thnks Wysota fr ur reply
what is the best way to record audio in QT?

Thnkz
Bala

wysota
12th September 2009, 10:01
If you keep asking the same question again and again, you will not be getting different answers. Actualluy you will probably stop getting answers at all. Please search the forum and STFW for audio recording.