PDA

View Full Version : Coexisting static and shared builds of QT on windows

doggrant
10th September 2009, 13:53
Hi All,

Does anyone know the best way to setup a windows system to ahve coexisting static and share builds of the QT software on windows. On linux and solaris, this is easy, since you use the the -prefix switch when running configure, and then install the libraries in separate locations.

The windows configure command doesn't looks to have this -prefix switch, so I'm wondering the best thing to do. Currently, I can only think of installing QT twice, then building the QT libraries static in one directory, and share in another.

The reason I want to do this is because I develop 2 qt apps. One contains a number of dll's itself, so i want to include the qt dll's, to reduce the size of my dll's. The other consists of a single exe, so i don't want to have to deploy the dll's with this one.

obviously i want to build both apps on the same box (as i do on linux and solaris).

cheers,

David

btw - i'm using QT 4.5.2

jpn
10th September 2009, 14:41
Yeah, having two installations is the way to go. Then just use qmake from the appropriate installation and in case it's a dynamic one, make sure to have the appropriate bin folder in PATH.

doggrant
10th September 2009, 16:52
I thought that was the only way to go, but just wanted to check.

cheers,

David