PDA

View Full Version : Qt jobs building surgical navigation systems

geguy
26th May 2006, 21:52
Hello,

Reply to this post if you are interested in building world class surgical navigation system software using Qt, VTK, STL/Boost, and other such things in the Boston, MA area. This job will involve designing and developing robust guis and underlying control code to allow surgeons to visualize data sets and real-time instrument positions while operating on patients for various procedure types. We're using primarily a C++/Linux environment, and big plusses are understanding of coordinate frame transformations, DICOM data formats, CORBA, multithreaded environments, model-view-controller architectures, strongly polymorphic systems, and the like. We have both full time and contract positions available.

Reply with a basic description of your relevant experience, and a way to get ahold of you, and I'll get back to you with additional contact information if we are interested in moving forward.

Thanks.

QTInfinity
25th July 2009, 13:32
Hi,

I am a Software Engineer with a total of 2 year experience. My area of work has included Visualization module development, Software testing, Software Maintenance, Porting.

My technical skills include
VTK, OpenGL, Qt, C/C++, Quest3D

I am residing in Bangalore, Karnataka, India

I am interested in the mentioned system that you are looking forward to develop. If interested, please do reply to this thread so i could further send you my CV details.

Also, you can contact me at
0091 9945817049

Thanks and Regards

QTInfinity

Preeteesh
11th July 2010, 14:37
Hi,

I am Preetish Kakkar, a Software engineer with Strong skills in Qt/C++/Boost/Linux/OpenGL/VGL. I have got nearly 6 year of experience. I am working in field of Medical application development for Navigation from last 4 years & have got good expertise over medical domain.

I am currently based in India but i would be ready to relocate to US. I would be available to give interviews if needed.

For hiring me your organization will be required to process my work permit though. I would be ready to negotiate on my salary as you guys have to process my Work Permit.

Kindly let me know if you're interested so we can have discussion to proceed further.

Looking forward to your reply.

Thanks,
Preetish Kakkar

Lykurg
11th July 2010, 14:50
Ehm, did you notice that the post is over 4 - in letters: four - years old?

wysota
11th July 2010, 15:02
After seeing such things I'm wondering whether we should be closing such threads after some time...

Lykurg
11th July 2010, 15:33
After seeing such things I'm wondering whether we should be closing such threads after some time...
Yes, I think that is a good idea. When the original thread starter doesn't inform here if the job is still open or not, we should close the tread after some time. I think 6 month is more than enough for such a thread. (If not, someone can start a new request!)

wysota
11th July 2010, 15:45
To make things clear: we have been deleting old job threads (like... 'really old'). Today I deleted all the threads created a year ago that didn't receive any replies during last 6 months. I'll think about setting up a cronjob to do that automatically.

Lykurg
11th July 2010, 16:02
sounds good :)

squidge
11th July 2010, 18:18
Or, we could just ban the people who reply to 4 year old job postings. They typically are not supporting the board anyway.

Zlatomir
11th July 2010, 18:22
Hi guys, i just want make a suggestion, i don't think that delete the job posts it's the best way.

Wysota, your first idea (closing the topic) was better (at least i think so), the jobs offer can remain in the forum as an over-view of the job "market" and the members can look what the companies want from them (experience, knowledge, domain of work with Qt... etc)

And the 6 month term is huge (i don't think that anybody will wait that long to hire someone) so i propose something like: closing the thread in one month (anyway, they usually give email/phone contact information in the original post, so if anyone think that has something to offer, can contact them even after the thread is closed)

Just my opinion ;)

squidge
11th July 2010, 21:39
Your post makes sense: After all, sites like cwjobs delete your job advert after 28 days (and you could be paying anything upto £250 to post it), and other sites such as Monster typically do 30 days. Hard to fill jobs can be left open for 60 days but are not typically viewable due to the large amount of new postings.

Since Qt Centre doesn't get as many posting as either of the sites above, 30 days seems a little short, but I agree that 6 months seems too long. Possibly 60 - 90 days? and yes, close the topic instead of deleting it. If someone is determined, they can still PM the thread poster. Its better than having all the job posting for the past 10 years float to the top of the "New posts" window.

wysota
11th July 2010, 22:05
Hmm... I'd have to undelete all the deleted threads from that forum... And some have been deleted the hard way :rolleyes: And the cronjob I was working hard on today will become useless and I'll have to redo it :mad:

squidge
11th July 2010, 22:28
Hey, it's your forum and your decision - we are just making suggestions :)

wysota
11th July 2010, 22:36
It's a community forum so it's as much yours as mine.

Lykurg
11th July 2010, 22:45
The 6 month was meant as a maximum limit. I think 60 days are enough.
About deleting or closing: Closing is finer, but I don't know if it is worth the additional work is does (It sounds that that can't be done automatically). And I for my part would not search this forum to get information which company hires Qt programmers.

Don't know, I can live fine with both solutions.

@wysota: You work is not useless, I am sure you learned a lot while writing the cron job:D:D Non scholae sed vitae discimus! oh, how I hate that sentence...

wysota
11th July 2010, 23:09
It sounds that that can't be done automatically
Sure it can. It's just a matter of changing the php script.

@wysota: You work is not useless, I am sure you learned a lot while writing the cron job:D:D
Yeah... actually I did :) But to change "delete" to "close" I have to go through the vB scipts again too see if it's enough to change the status field of a thread to close it.

BTW. Congratulations to Spain :)

squidge
11th July 2010, 23:54
Yeah... actually I did :) But to change "delete" to "close" I have to go through the vB scipts again too see if it's enough to change the status field of a thread to close it.I like your research. There seems to be a great loss of that around these forums that prefer to ask instead (mentioning no names of course ;))

Others would just change the status and refresh the page to see if it worked, and if it didn't, post on the forum for however wrote the forum software :D

wysota
12th July 2010, 00:41
I like your research. There seems to be a great loss of that around these forums that prefer to ask instead (mentioning no names of course ;))
Yeah, well... the difference is I have to do the research just once and the next time I'll have a similar problem, I'll know where to look for a solution. And others will come back with a similar problem in a couple of days... no names of course. On the side note - and of course someone else will do the research for them again (no names of course).

Others would just change the status and refresh the page to see if it worked,
We do have a test forum but it's not that simple. The thread might be closed but some counters may not be updated or something. And if I don't know where to look, it's hard to find the answer.

and if it didn't, post on the forum for however wrote the forum software :D
Unfortunately not on all forums one gets an answer after 15 minutes from posting.

BTW. I just ruined a second DVD disk trying to burn an iso image... how I love my burner :mad: