PDA

View Full Version : QNOME - Another Desktop Environment

MIH1406
21st September 2009, 22:02
Hi,

I realy love GNOME but I also love Qt, so I have a BIG idea which is making a GNOME-Like but based on Qt.

I do not like KDE at all it is not clear like GNOME (for me). So this idea came up.

I know it is a very very BIG work to do that but it is just an idea and I do not have the abilities to try working on it.

Thank you

Chisum
21st September 2009, 22:41
I am currently running SUSE 11.1 with both the KDE and GNOME
systems available. Unfortunately, I did an early upgrade to KDE 4.3 from the SUSE repositories and I also upgraded to Foxfire 3.5.2. Those two are not getting along too well, and Foxfire keeps locking up.

So...

I switched to the latest GNOME version and all is well. I am running Qt 4.5.2.1 with GNOME and everything is working in Qt and Firefox is now working properly. I have seen no differences.

In fact, I do not see a lot of differences between KDE and GNOME. Are you talking about a more GNOME 'look'. For me, at least, QT works ok.

A question of you about GNOME. I really hate having to double-click to run an application of the desktop. Is there a way to set that to a single click.

Gary

MIH1406
22nd September 2009, 01:44
Open Nautilus->Edit->Prefs.->Behavious (Singal click to open items)

Hope this is what you are looking for.

Yes I am talking about a more GNOME look and feel based on Qt!!

Thank you

Chisum
22nd September 2009, 17:23
Try this resource from the Qt Labs site:

http://labs.trolltech.com/page/Projects/Styles/GtkStyle

This page now contains not only GtkStyle but also a number of links to other helpful tips for implementing Gtk-like elements to Qt.

Have fun...

Gary